Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

101 - 120 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #101
My new Kuga has arrived and is sitting lonely on the dealers back lot, waiting for the fix to be applied/identified

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
btw, if you're communicating with @FordUK on twitter and they suggest a DM conversation. Don't bother.. you'll get this:

"Ford is expediting the evaluation of the best service procedure. Owners will be contacted individually as soon as the service procedure is available to schedule an appointment with their dealership. We are currently working with our suppliers to collect a sufficient number of parts which will be made available ASAP. "

:mad:

·
Registered
35 Posts
So I had me recall done for the vent cover issue a week ago. Am I reading that there is more to come on this issue?

·
Super Moderator
2,180 Posts
So I had me recall done for the vent cover issue a week ago. Am I reading that there is more to come on this issue?

Yes, some have received notice, after the second recall, that Ford are not happy that it resolves the issue.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Kuga PHEV ST Line X first edition In Lucid Red
156 Posts
Well I'm in possession of a Phev and I certainly wasnt contacted by Ford ......

·
Registered
Ford Kuga PHEV ST Line X 1st Edition
69 Posts
Well I'm in possession of a Phev and I certainly wasnt contacted by Ford ......
I am leasing and haven’t heard anything either! I’ve contacted my lease company for an update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
I am leasing and haven’t heard anything either! I’ve contacted my lease company for an update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In both cases, I'd suggest using the contact centre number and quoting your VIN or chassis number. There could be "goodwill" waiting for you! :)

·
Super Moderator
2,180 Posts
The worrying point is that the release says that Ford is 'evaluating' a fix. How long will that take I wonder?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Extract from an email from Ford Team. Goodwill Gesture and still no time scale on a fix.
Ford thanks you for your understanding and we apologise for the inconvenience caused. In our previous communication to you, we outlined our goodwill gesture of three years Maintenance Service provision we are putting in place for you and hope this goes some way to alleviating your concerns.
Our technical teams are working swiftly on developing a solution to resolve the issue currently preventing you from recharging your Ford Kuga PHEV.

·
Registered
38 Posts
There's so mixed messages out there with some dealers saying it does not affect cars BUILT after 1st september....But who knows because there's no official communication fr Ford

·
Registered
35 Posts
There's so mixed messages out there with some dealers saying it does not affect cars BUILT after 1st september....But who knows because there's no official communication fr Ford
Yes there is now to existing owners. Says affects all PHEV Kugas now

·
Registered
4 Posts
This is another extract from Ford Customer service.
This latest action includes all Kuga PHEVs built to date, many of which have already been reworked by a Ford dealer.
Owners are being individually contacted. We also will discuss with them as soon as possible when to schedule the rework at their chosen dealership once a complete and approved update is in place.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
I made a minimal deposit during lockdown to ensure my place on the order queue. Now i'm wondering whether to go full EV - Niro EV or Leaf - or low mileage PHEV.
I told the dealer to tell me when its ready to register "my" car and hope that I'm still interested.
Does Ford not realise what damage theyre doing to their brand??

·
Super Moderator
2,180 Posts
I made a minimal deposit during lockdown to ensure my place on the order queue. Now i'm wondering whether to go full EV - Niro EV or Leaf - or low mileage PHEV.
I told the dealer to tell me when its ready to register "my" car and hope that I'm still interested.

If you mean Outlander PHEV do remember that Mitsubishi Motors is pulling out of Europe completely.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I think Ford do realise the damage but are unable to solve the problem quickly, I suppose it’s new technology for them and they don’t have the expertise or experience yet. It seems such a shame when new owners are used as RD departments with new cars, but it seems the same with most manufacturers, they want to release the new models but until there are loads on the roads they don’t realise the faults they have.

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
Let's hope it doesn't get so bad the Kuga mk3 is featured on Watchdog. The good thing here is ford have realised there is a problem and informed the owners, unlike other manufacturers who have done nothing and the owners end up with their cars going up in smoke..

101 - 120 of 153 Posts