Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

81 - 100 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
Ford Kuga PHEV ST Line X 1st Edition
69 Posts
I contacted my local dealer yesterday who took pity on me and has arranged that when the parts come in on back order they will assigned to me - why they couldn't do this straight away instead of letting me call up everyday for a week is beyond me. What I have been told is this:
2-4 weeks for the parts to arrive and when they do it will take around 2 hours to complete.

·
Registered
2020 Ford Kuga PHEV ST Line X first edition In Lucid Red
156 Posts
Yes agree Ford are doing the right thing ...what I dont agree with is the lack of knowledge on these issues imparted to the dealers .... I have learned more from these forums than from Ford dealership whose only purpose is to sell Ford vehicles ... they are not a fish and chip shop selling cars as a side line they are main Ford dealerships selling Ford cars and servicing customers needs ....yes there are good and bad ....but predominantly mostly are average .
If they are not been given the information needed ...they should actively seek it out so they can efficiently inform their customers... instead of fending them off at service reception let's have a bit of due diligence here from them ... rant over 😉

Ps I do like the car ....just want to drive it as the intended design ......

·
Registered
35 Posts
Had my recall work done today. I’m lucky to have an excellent dealer who kept me informed all the way. Then this evening, I had an email from Ford advising me of the problem! Also offered 3 year ‘ maintenance service provision’ as goodwill gesture. Anyone know what this means?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Had my recall work done today. I’m lucky to have an excellent dealer who kept me informed all the way. Then this evening, I had an email from Ford advising me of the problem! Also offered 3 year ‘ maintenance service provision’ as goodwill gesture. Anyone know what this means?
I just received the same email. Had my work done a week ago so would have expected my details to have been excluded from the mailing list.

I was left wondering what the 'maintenance service provision' was too.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I just received the same email. Had my work done a week ago so would have expected my details to have been excluded from the mailing list.

I was left wondering what the 'maintenance service provision' was too.
Sounds like 3 years free servicing . Which would be 1 service in reality since the Kuga Phev has a 2 year service interval :).Unless it includes an annual checkup/visual inspection.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sounds like 3 years free servicing . Which would be 1 service in reality since the Kuga Phev has a 2 year service interval :).Unless it includes an annual checkup/visual inspection.
There is confusion over the service interval. The Service handbook list the PHEV as 1 year.

·
Registered
38 Posts
There is confusion over the service interval. The Service handbook list the PHEV as 1 year.
Interesting. According to the pdf you can download from Ford it's only an inspection in year one then a full service in year 2 or 18k km.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Yes the service intervals are confusing me ....service book has 1 year ford pass app under servicing states 2 Years ...does anyone have the definitive answer.....would ring my local dealer but..... well we won’t go there.....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
It gets worse. My PHEV Kuga was originally said to be outside of the scope of the recall as it was built post June. However, I've just been told that the car is due to arrive at the dealer early next week BUT Ford have extended to include my vehicle and they've been told to put a full hold on the registration of all new PHEV vehicles. Mmmm

·
Registered
38 Posts
When was your built? Was it on the cusp of the July date?

I find it amazing that we get more info from forums and internet sites than the dealers.

Many seem to add no value and are an unnecessary middleman.

I'm thinking maybe Tesla has it right. No dealers, only showrooms where you can test the vehicle. There's no haggle on price whatsoever! (I hate haggling with dealers over price). They have some room to go on the speed to service but if something is wrong with the car you will get notified!

Tesla will be by next car after this interim phev step.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
When was your built? Was it on the cusp of the July date?

I find it amazing that we get more info from forums and internet sites than the dealers.

Many seem to add no value and are an unnecessary middleman.

I'm thinking maybe Tesla has it right. No dealers, only showrooms where you can test the vehicle. There's no haggle on price whatsoever! (I hate haggling with dealers over price). They have some room to go on the speed to service but if something is wrong with the car you will get notified!

Tesla will be by next car after this interim phev step.
I don’t know, when the recall was announced the dealer said that my Kuga was still in the factory and that was early August. He said ALL Kuga registrations have been stopped. It would be tempting to buy elsewhere (outlander or Niro) but the Kuga is a damm good car! Patience.....

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Update which doesn't make good reading. "my" Kuga arrived at the dealer this morning, but:
"I've spoken with our service team today who have said that at the moment there is no fix until Ford have sorted it. "
Well, I still have my money and they're not getting it (nor registering the sale) until its fixed, so I'm hoping that's an incentive for them.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Crap. That's not good news. As you said though they don't have your money which means they will do their best to sort this asap! Something which they won't do for completed sales.

Mine was built last week with estimate delivery mid September.

I guess that means a longer delay before I can get my hands on it. Unless they have mechanics on the ship taking it from Valencia to Southampton :)

I'm the meantime I can keep adding mileage to my p/X car as the price is already agreed to :)

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #97
I’m very surprised that Ford’s social media team don’t contribute to these forums.. it damages their reputation.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I thinks its water off a ducks back where ford is concerned .....customers dont always take priority.....

·
Super Moderator
2,180 Posts

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Give a wide berth to Mitsubishi as they are quitting Europe completely,

That's a real shame about Mitsubishi as they made some good cars even if some were a little bland. I think they should have changed their designers years ago. I had a mirage as a courtesy car when my Kuga went in for service and MOT. It was a horrible little car and even worse than the 05 plate colt we had. The small car market is massive and something Mitsubishi should really have capitalised on. Some of my Mitsubishi motors, four purchased brand new.

1987 Gallant - brand new and a great car. Much better equipped than the Sierra at the time. Even had cruise
1987 lancer - wife loved it
1989 Gallant - 16 valve engine not as good as the old 8 valve. Again far better spec'd than ford but £4k more than old model it replaced and not as good in my opinion
1989 Gallant - as above in auto. Didn't like it as too many revs for little motion. Wife loved it
1986 Gallant Turbo - oh what a fun car. Ridiculously fast acceleration up to 80/90
2005 Colt - I described this as a horrible little car and my son refused to learn to drive in it
2004 Charisma - It didn't have much. Full leather and not heated!

None of the above ever needed roadside assistance. The colt being the most unreliable due to three broken springs. Wife, speed bumps and rubbish steel perhaps.

The Mitsubishi eclipse cross isn't a bad looking car and has an extremely lively 1.5 petrol. Quicker than my 2 litre diesel and would have been maybe considered if it wasn't for the awful clutch. I am surprised it made it to production as it is so bad.

Absolutely amazing Mitsubishi dealership in my home city and have bought another cars from there including my Kuga. I hope they can continue their business as the way they practice business is something the big boys need to learn from.

81 - 100 of 153 Posts