1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
422 Posts
Fiesta & Focus in Germany, Cologne & Saarlouis.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Hi.. anyone been affected by this?
it talks about Kugas made in Spain, but I thought they were made in Germany..
anyone had their new car delivery delayed yet?

Thanks
The body panels of my Kuga were made in the USA it was was assembled in Spain using a French Peugeot Citroen gearbox diesel engine like all modern cars its more than likely got bits from all over the World including China . That does not in any way deter the fact that my Kuga is probably the best all round car I have ever owned.

·
Registered
35 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,178 Posts
I have made this thread 'sticky' so it stays visible until the issue is fully resolved.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had a recall with the 20S34 code in the Ford app on 4th July.

I had it fixed a week later by the Ford dealer. At the time I wasn't told it was serious or not to charge the battery.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Ouch!
This is NOT good! I'm nervous of my order now!

Owners of cars before 26th June told not to charge their cars and they've halted sales ...not sure if that means dale of new cars built after 26th June.

4 cars have apparently caught fire. Not a lot considering the thousand of sales but even one fire is too much!

Source:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Ouch!
This is NOT good! I'm nervous of my order now!

Owners of cars before 26th June told not to charge their cars and they've halted sales ...not sure if that means dale of new cars built after 26th June.

4 cars have apparently caught fire. Not a lot considering the thousand of sales but even one fire is too much!

Source:
This is the reason i did not go for a hybrid until they had sorted out the battery technology on the new Kuga. Instead opted for a time and trusted eco blue diesel. Very pleased with the car, the 2.0 litre 190bhp engine is very quiet and powerful when you put your foot down. Although i liked the styling on the Mark 2.5,i think the change of styling on the Mark 3 is much better and more innovative and compares well with other more expensive styled SUV,s.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi.. anyone been affected by this?
it talks about Kugas made in Spain, but I thought they were made in Germany..
anyone had their new car delivery delayed yet?

Thanks
I was on my way to pick my car this morning only to get a call saying that they cannot let me have the car for this very reason. i should be getting a letter this week explaining more what the problem is and parts will be available from the 20/08/2020.
Not a very good start.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was on my way to pick my car this morning only to get a call saying that they cannot let me have the car for this very reason. i should be getting a letter this week explaining more what the problem is and parts will be available from the 20/08/2020.
Not a very good start.
That sucks! Was this a brand new car or stock car? Apparently phevs built after 5th June does not have the issue.
From the below it looks like a small chance of electric short due to damage (not sure if that means damage from factory or if it's damaged during driving?

Physical damage to the Secondary On-Board Diagnostic Control Module A (SOBDM) and/or the SOBDM connector could allow water ingress to the module which may cause an electrical short.
A short in the SOBDM can potentially cause one or more battery cells to overheat, increasing the risk of fire.

The Ford Kuga PHEV models affected by this recall were manufactured in Spain between 1 July 2019 and 5 June 2020.
Ford recall code: 20S34

·
Registered
15 Posts
That sucks! Was this a brand new car or stock car? Apparently phevs built after 26th June does not have the issue.
I dont know when it was built but it must have been built in northern Europe as it came over from the near continent. From what your saying it must have been a stock car.
I'm not a happy bunny.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Not good news on the kuga phev, I was on my way to pick up my new phev this morning and got a call saying there has been a recall due to them catching fire when being charged and they will not let me have the car until the problem has been sorted out.
I dont know how to link things on here but if you Google "autocar Ford kuga recall" it's got an article from this morning edition.

·
Registered
673 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
I posted this 2 days ago! :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
I had a recall with the 20S34 code in the Ford app on 4th July.

I had it fixed a week later by the Ford dealer. At the time I wasn't told it was serious or not to charge the battery.
Just confirmed with my dealer. This is a new recall with the same FSA (helpful). And nothing yet appeared in the Ford Pass app.

Currently the dealer doesn't know how long it will take, so advised they'll need the vehicle for the day.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Internal memo:

Reference:20S38
Subject: Kuga PHEV Sales And Demonstration Hold -- Vehicle Hold
Special Attention: The Recall Co-ordinator should have overall responsibility for implementing
this action within your Dealership and Retail Dealer(s).
Introduction
There is a potential Safety Risk on Kuga PHEV vehicles, while investigations continue unsold
vehicles must not be released to customers.
Unsold vehicles must be held and not sold or used for demonstration purposes until further
instructions are published.
Vehicles Affected
Affected vehicles will be identified on OASIS.
Model/Variant Assembly Plant Affected Build Periods (inclusive dates)
from to
Kuga Hybrid -- Valencia 1/7/2019 15/7/2020
Dealer action
On receipt of this Bulletin, you are under obligation to hold affected vehicles.
Details of the check/rework, parts required, and reimbursement procedures will be published.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts