Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I am a new Kuga owner (2.5lt Titanium) from Greece and I have just returned from a trip within Greece of 3.000 KM. I can tell you that the car drives great and has lot of power! The average gas consumption was 10 LT/ KM which is very good for a 2.5LT engine. I believe that its engine will perform even better in the next kilometers.

Does any of you know what is the besttype of drivingfor this kind of engine in the first 5.000 KM so as to get maximum performance of the engine thereafter??

Thanks

·
Registered
30 Posts
Megeia,

you have to pay attention not to be very hard with first and second gear, changes should be done around 2000 revs for these two. For higher gears there is no problem to use them with more revs...

Edited by: antonisk7-GR

·
Registered
287 Posts
actaully teh gears make no no difference .simply do not drive with gas pedal on floorboard and use a light foot and relaxed driving style. engines always bed in and wear better and last longer if driven gently to start with and varied loads and speeds. as teh engine beds 'in' it will loosen up and as carbon seals start to form round pistons etc it will develop more power towards the 5000 mark. you can gradually increase loads and speeds as oyu use teh car but all modern engines are capabl eof being floorboarded with full load and power without breaking anything, it simply reduces its life span and can increase oil consumption.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Thank you hornchurchmale, thatsounds very beneficial. Most helpful and efficient but of course only in time do people really appreciate the guidance, so now for then, thank you

·
Registered
228 Posts
Hi Sakis,welcome to the "KUGA" forum, I usually drive at about 2000RPM then change up when I reach 3000RPM or just over on higher gears.Must admit she is very responsive in all gears.

Simular to what I did in my Focus Estate.(OLD FAITHFULL)But I would not take her back now I have been Kugared. SB.

On the instant MPG if i am doing about 54MPH in sixth it shows I am doing a 99.9MPG (GOOD EH) or is this a fail safe area?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts