Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Even better choice in my opinion. I know the changed the powershift in 2017 but don't know when from. I did check a few 17 plate cars on etis and notice they were actually manufactured in 2016. It's a shame we can't find the information from the actual build date when the change happened.

Nice colour and I once said I would never have another black car. I prefer it now.

·
Registered
2017 2.0 TDCI 180 AWD Titanium X
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Even better choice in my opinion. I know the changed the powershift in 2017 but don't know when from. I did check a few 17 plate cars on etis and notice they were actually manufactured in 2016. It's a shame we can't find the information from the actual build date when the change happened.

Nice colour and I once said I would never have another black car. I prefer it now.
Love it, can't wait for Wednesday.
This one even has Nav. thoroughly enjoyed my test drive.
Just ordered a new set of number plates, will look mint with my plate on it.
Black is ok, had a few over the years.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Nothing like getting a different car. After owning 2 black cars in the family at the same time I said never again. However, the Kuga looked very nice when I saw it and now I have a but more time on my hands I don't mind having to towel it off with a micro fibre cloth when I have washed it. Would go black again.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Nothing like getting a different car. After owning 2 black cars in the family at the same time I said never again. However, the Kuga looked very nice when I saw it and now I have a but more time on my hands I don't mind having to towel it off with a micro fibre cloth when I have washed it. Would go black again.

Can't wait get some Finito quick detailer around it, give it an amazing shine same as my 595 has
38437970_2155453687999928_6777200957043245056_n.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
That's a similar looking colour to the wife's Mokka. Quite impressed how the colour doesn't show the much as much as other colours.
Mokka is slightly lighter Boracay Blue, I had 66 plate Mokka X when they first came out. I am a delivery driver for a Vauxhall dealer.
20067599_1954349161443716_227240038_n.jpg

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
That's the wife's. Not a bad car for a Vauxhall lol. I did test drive an Antara before I bought the Kuga. Slightly newer than the Kuga will all the toys, less mileage and £2.5k cheaper. I think it was one of the worst modern cars I have ever driven. No wonder it was cheap. It was only three he a half years old with 35k on the clock and it drove like an old car. A shame as it was a lot f car for the money.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
That's the wife's. Not a bad car for a Vauxhall lol. I did test drive an Antara before I bought the Kuga. Slightly newer than the Kuga will all the toys, less mileage and £2.5k cheaper. I think it was one of the worst modern cars I have ever driven. No wonder it was cheap. It was only three he a half years old with 35k on the clock and it drove like an old car. A shame as it was a lot f car for the money.
Antara was tow car for a good few years, but never set the world on fire. Shame really my mate has one and loves it.
Most of our stuff is fleet sales Astra's Insignia's Grandland X's and vans. Can't ever remember seeing a new Antara, we collected one and took it to the auctions once.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Yes it was a shame but I think its success, or lack of it, reflected in its resale value. The one I took out had an awful gearbox and you couldn't tell what gear it was going to select as though any spring mechanism which normally centralises the gear lever was either missing or broken. I think Vauxhall could have one better as it tends to do with most of its other models.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Yes it was a shame but I think its success, or lack of it, reflected in its resale value. The one I took out had an awful gearbox and you couldn't tell what gear it was going to select as though any spring mechanism which normally centralises the gear lever was either missing or broken. I think Vauxhall could have one better as it tends to do with most of its other models.
The new 8 speed Auto boxes are pretty good, I have driven a few Insignia's and Grandland X's. Once they settle down after the first 3 months which is a learning mode.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I think 8 gears would be too many for me. My manual hardly ever sees 6th. Hopefully Vauxhall don't put plastic spring retainers in their gearboxes like ford did.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts