Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all... proud owner of a tango red titanium kuga,which i now have a private plate on with my name on dont know if anyone has seen me out and about ? i have just had a detatchable tow bar fitted to pull our caravan no problems up to now. has any one had any prob with there tow bar? ps ny kuga has got rear trays.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Welcome Kuga ann, i bet it looks very nice in tango red. Enjoy, are you in the North East ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
many thanks.. i live in the northeast.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Hi Kuga ann
Welcome to the forum, I bet the Kuga looks good in Tango a shame they have discontinued that colour I think it looks really good.

I had my Tow-bar fitted at Hedleys of Durham. They fitted a Thule detachable. When they cut the skirt they only cut a very small square around the bar housing so I think it looks a lot neater than a Ford Fit.

I am also a caravan puller there are a few on here. It pulls great no probs.

KugaKen

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hi kuga ken many thanks, tango is a really nice colour and its not commom.we have the same tow bar on as you as you say just a small square cut away in bumper we have had no problems up to now. we only got our caravan in may and really injoy it. kuga ann

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi Kuga ann,

Welcome to our club. Tango is a lovely sunny colour and looks great. How are you enjoying the Kuga experience?

Ive only seen one tango Kuga, it was just being taken for it's PDI must have been about two months ago when I saw it but no sign of it since!

Have fun.

KC

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hi kugacat, many thanks. i love the colour i havnt seen another one in my home town yet. i love the kuga but i must say i miss my focus cc3 only changed because we bought a caravan. kuga ann.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi kuga ann and Welcome. Tango, verynice colour. Re:Rear Trays,not that interested really (lol) but I think I am turning into Lou Ferrino. Enjoy. Bob.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Hi Kuga ann
Your right not many about, dont know why. Very nice colour.

Pulled my caravan for the first time in August went to Scotland for three weeks, saw one other Kuga pulling a caravan. No problems encountered pulled like a dream

KugaKen

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hi KugaAnn,
Similar to other members welcome to the forum. We pull a caravan with our AWD kuga and no problems at all.
So far it is the best towcar I have owned, Witter bar (detachable) on mine with no cutout needed.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hi many thanks,
we have had no trouble up to now fingers crossed we havnt been to far this year with only just buying the van.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Had my kuga 12 months now [first service tommorrow] only problem is one of the alloy wheels has started to pit so I am wondering what the dealer will do about it.Just returned from France towing my caravan,had no problems covering 2400mls,the caravan is a 2008 Abbey GTS 418 MTPLM 1500Kg.Pulled well in 6th gear and 5th gear on some hills,total average m.p.g worked out at 26.7 when towing very please with that.Only saw one other Kuga while in france.I have a witter removable towing ball and the 13 pin socket which works well.Happy towing to all you caravaners see you at the N.E.C at the show in 2 weeks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hi had my kuga 5 months now totaly love it. we are going down to devon nxt year with ours hope we have no problems we have a bailey sancerre 4 berth..what do you think of the new bailey pegasus?

·
Registered
855 Posts
HI
we are looking to change our caravan at the show and looking for the same layout as your sancerre but depends on the deals available.My previous car was a mitsubishi shogun 3.2 D.I.D and I think the Kuga was a good replacement.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hi,the sancerre has a lovely layout the main thing we went for was the end washroom which has loads of space. my nxt van i will go for i want a island bed.my previous car was a focus cc3 which would have been no good we made a good choice with the kuga and the colour.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Hi Skimad / kuga ann
We are of to the NEC next Tuesday. We have a Bailey Moselle, and we were considering trading up to a Bailey California. Read report and visited the Pegasus website I now consider I would be silly to get the California. When I'm at the show will be giving all the Pegasus models a thorough going over especiall the 534, basically the same layout as the California / Sancerre. we too really like the end washroom.

KugaKen

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hi all you caravaners, (Skimad)
Your findings with your 1500kg Abbey interest me greatly. We have recently placed an order for a new van for delivery next Jan/Feb. It too is 1500kg the Stirling Eccles Jewel, as the body length and weight is an increase from our current Abbey 215 GT Vouge (1995 vintage) I have calculated reservations about the overall handling/match but you have helped to convince me that all will be well.

Regards to you all (win-doc)

·
Registered
512 Posts
Hi win-doc

Some people are not worried at all I was up Hawes last weekend and saw a CRV with a Bailey Wyoming. CRV is 1614KG and the Wyoming is 1678 MTPLM. Bloke said he used the Miro and never went near the MTPLM as there was only two of them. Rather him than me!
KugaKen

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hi Kuga Ken,

You have just confirmed what I have thought for many years. There are a lot of fools out there, and then of course there are the downright stupid idiots. I just hope that I am no where near him when the BIG snake happens, and it will.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts