Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys!
Just fond this forum.

Yesterday I signedthe contract on a new Kuga. We have looked at both Q5 and Tiguan, in the the end we fell for the Kuga's striking good looks + that it has a little price advantage. At least over the Q5, anyway.

The plan was initally to hold a little back on the options list to save some money, but I have to admit I did not do a very good job

So the order ended up looking like this:

Kuga Titanium - Panther black

Titanium X pack

Titanium covnenience pack

19" alloys

17" alloys on wintertyres

Roof rails

DVD navigation with 7" screen

Bluetooth/ USB/ Ipod

Tyre pressure s. and locking bolts for the wheels.

Metallic paint

Aux. heater/ Parking heater on diesel- programable with timer

Rear privacy windows

Detachable towbar -factory installed

Rubber floor mats

No "Kuga" and "TDCI" emblem on rear hatch

DITEC paint sealing before delivery

Downside is that dlivery time is 8 to 10 weeks
and the astronomicly highimport taxes on cars here in Norway.

List price on the Kuga with the extras added up to 508.000 NOK but wegot areasonable discount due to the economic climate these days som we will end up paying 450.000 NOK or about 47.000 GBP

We are so exited can't wait to take delivery. Hope we will get a car without too many snags. Hope they have sorted out some of the issues I have read about on this forum.

Anyway... I'm looking forward to using this forum as I'll probably have loads of questions....

(please forgive grammar and spelling)

Brg. SAP

Oslo, Norway
Edited by: sap_2000

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the prices are high, but the bigger the car, the bigger the difference is.
What do you think of a Range Rover V8 Supercharged with no extras for only 2.292.550 NOK = 239.806 GBP

These rates have made it impossible to buy big and high powered cars unless you are very rich...

The import taxes are based on 3 parameters.

1: Car weight

2: Engine power

3: co2 emission

The rates areprogressive. -i.e. the first 1000 kg=200 nok/kg, 1200-1600 kg=500nok/kg, 1600-2000 kg = 1200 nok/kg and so on.

+25% VAT off course

From the the contract, i could read that the import tax on the Kuga is 143.000 NOK =14.958 GBP + VAT

The import taxes are justified by saving the earth, building roads (does not happen) but mostly to make the goverment rich

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I went by the dealer today to ask if they had an updated delivery date as I was told mid to end of March...

Itturned out it had been unloaded from the lorry just an hour or so earlier

I off course had to take a look at it, so walked over to the parking lot at the back of the facility and there it was... Our new Kuga!!

It was quitedirty from the transportation from Germany so not the first sight I had pictured in my mind of the car in a well lit showroom 110% newly polished, but I just had to see it

Delivery will be end of next week as they have to prepare it, mount the alloy pedals, get the 18" winter wheels with tyres.

I is also having a "paint preservation" treatmment so the shining new paint will be protected from our dirty, salty roads.

The only downside of taking delivery of a new car in the wintertime is that it breaks my heart to bring a shining new car out on theese dirty and salty roads

Here's a few pics of our new baby taken today with the mobile phone..

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finaly got it last Thursday after almost 2 months wait

It got a little bit delayed because of the paint sealing process and a few other things at the dealers place.

Within two hours after the pickup, we left for a 600 km maiden trip to our cabin in the mountains for the weekend.

Just got back tonight and the Kuga has worked great. There are a few minor things to sort out, but all in all we are very happy with it

I took some pics just after delivery, and in winter scenery in the mountains...

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi sap_2000

Your Kuga and pictures look amazing!

I noticed that you chose todebadged her.
I am liking thedebadged look, looks like a good result.

Enjoy your new Kuga

Regards

Kugameister

Edited by: Kugameister

·
Registered
108 Posts
I noticed that but then went back to the original posts thatsaid that it was also being supplied with winter tyres on 18" alloys. I guess that in the UK we are not that used to having two sets of wheels/tyres.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Aah I see, that makes sense with all that thick snow.

Rather spookily Sap, not only do you have exactly the same spec Kuga as me, we also have the same birthday so us Leos clearly have similar taste!

Edited by: championkuga

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes that's right...

Hereeverybody needs to have 2 sets since we have winter conditions for 4-6 months a year.

I really hate it as it means we drive around on salty, wet ang dirty roads for almost half a year that is not good for the car. But hand wash twice a week and polishing 4 times a year helps to keep the car look good even after a few years

Car was fited with the 19" summer wheels from the factory. The 18" rimswas married to winter tyres locally hereat the dealers place and mounted on the car before we took delivery since we still have a bit of ice/ snow.

I guess I'll be changing to the summer wheels as soon as i get back from the easter holidays. Can't wait to get the 19's back on the car

Funny thing aboutourbirthday, championkuga.... Same year too??

They say thatgreat minds likes the same cars, so....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts