Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out in my car this morning and noticed the heating in the car was very poor ! even after the engine had heated up the warm air ventilation into the cabin was only slightly warm, even with the controls turned up high.
Anybody else got this problem with your Mark 3 Kuga ? or is it just me !.

·
Registered
55 Posts
You may have a blocked pollen filter. It has affected some cars where water has got in because of blocked drains or incorrectly fitted covers.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You may have a blocked pollen filter. It has affected some cars where water has got in because of blocked drains or incorrectly fitted covers.
Where abouts is the pollen filter and is it easy to fix myself.

·
Super Moderator
698 Posts
Where abouts is the pollen filter and is it easy to fix myself.
Your car is a 2020,it's extremely unlikely unless you've been off road in the Sahara that your filter is blocked... I would suggest you need the dealer to sort... It may be a blockage somewhere from the build, but I would think you would have experienced low air volume when the weather was warm?

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
Wouldn't even consider trying to sort it myself, cars almost new, dealer should sort under warranty

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your car is a 2020,it's extremely unlikely unless you've been off road in the Sahara that your filter is blocked... I would suggest you need the dealer to sort... It may be a blockage somewhere from the build, but I would think you would have experienced low air volume when the weather was warm?
I think you are right ! i will get the dealer to have a look at it if it does not sort itself out.It may be me as i have an old fashioned habit of using the climate control settings manually rather than on auto. Having read the manual it says to get max heat you have to make sure that auto is on and turn the settings up high, and let it work itself out. I will have a go and see if it works ! if not then book the car in at the dealers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
OMG, was about to post the exact same fault.

With the fan on full tilt, temperature at "HI" the air coming out is at best "slightly wafting" and the blades on the facia vents are really hot. The fan itself is running & is quite loud yet it's just not moving much air.
If I turn it to Max AC and set the temp to LO hardly anything changes.

Will be contacting the dealer...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Awaiting delivery..... But is this a common problem?
No - some early cars had water leaks into the pollen filter. Once wet they are effectively blocked. I had the same on Mondeo 15 years ago - changed the filter and all was well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts