Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the dealer today with a view to taking on a new STline hybrid. Salesman went through the figures then looked to see what was available. He said it would be a factory order, then found out the they were on hold at the moment, so none being made. :-(

Really sad. I guess I will have to stick with what I've got for the moment, but PX price will get smaller and smaller.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Did he say why they on hold?
Any idea what the original lead times were?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
His computer did not say why they were on hold, but there wer a few models mentioned. I wonder if Spain is on lockdown and the factory is at reduced capacity.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Oh deah....I'm due to order my car this weekend😢🙁

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,938 Posts
An awful lot of companies are struggling with chip supplies
I did think about one of my "unprofessional" replies to this but I refrained but only as I had more pressing matters, i.e. hunger. A shortage of chips is worrying.

Reactions: Gregs24

·
Registered
418 Posts
Oh deah....I'm due to order my car this weekend😢🙁
If it's a Kuga you are ordering I would imagine September for delivery - if earlier it will be a bonus. The trouble is that car makers don't know what will be in short supply when, so they may have enough to build the car except for one or two parts - if they arrive then great but if they don't then not so great. Ford in the US in 2019 had a shortage of steering wheels for the Mustang, that are made in Mexico - they kept building the cars and stored them to fit the wheels later when they arrived !

·
Registered
104 Posts
I was thinking about a 3 mth wait in the first place. Guess I'll likely be on a '71 plate.
Just saw the new brochure. Minor changes have been added too.

·
Registered
Kuga phev s t line x (soon)
5 Posts
I was thinking about a 3 mth wait in the first place. Guess I'll likely be on a '71 plate.
Just saw the new brochure. Minor changes have been added too.
I put my order in late January and was told June delivery , info says car to be built next week but think maybe later now as the Valencia factory has now stopped working the night shifts .

·
Registered
ST line X PHEV Magnetic
14 Posts
I put my order in late January and was told June delivery , info says car to be built next week but think maybe later now as the Valencia factory has now stopped working the night shifts .
I ordered in September and it’s still not here. Most upto date date is due in the dealership end April 😖

·
Registered
104 Posts
I ordered in September and it’s still not here. Most upto date date is due in the dealership end April 😖
Wow....that doesn't bode well.
Was hoping with vaccine roll out and opening of markets, things would lookup.
I guess I'll be looking Sept/Oct then.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Your car will be soon. We ordered late August and the car has arrived at the dealer. No PHEV cars were made between mid September and mid December because of the HV battery problem.

The current delays are different and outside of Ford's control

·
Registered
ST line X PHEV Magnetic
14 Posts
New car day is imminent. Delivery date is 4th May. Will update with some pics when it lands.

·
Mr. Uses Lots of Words
4,938 Posts
New car day is imminent. Delivery date is 4th May. Will update with some pics when it lands.
Star Wars Day !! May the Fourth be with you.......

Reactions: PGaish

·
Registered
ST line X PHEV Magnetic
14 Posts
The new Kuga has arrived and from initial 10 mile drive I have to say it drives like a car not an SUV. Electric driving is superb. Any questions just let me know and I’ll do my best to answer.

·
Registered
104 Posts
The new Kuga has arrived and from initial 10 mile drive I have to say it drives like a car not an SUV. Electric driving is superb. Any questions just let me know and I’ll do my best to answer. View attachment 6908
One thing i'm curious about.....I was out in my "Vig" yesterday, and one thing I realised is I love the sound of the engine. How does this new one sound?
And does it come with a 13amp or USB's in the back?
And the child locks for the back. Do they electrically diasbled windows and doors?

·
Registered
ST line X PHEV Magnetic
14 Posts
One thing i'm curious about.....I was out in my "Vig" yesterday, and one thing I realised is I love the sound of the engine. How does this new one sound?
And does it come with a 13amp or USB's in the back?
And the child locks for the back. Do they electrically diasbled windows and doors?
New engine sounds great not the best you’ll ever hear because of the cvt but stands up to test. I’ve got 2x USBs in the back and the child locks are electronically controlled from the drivers door.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts