Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning all - well we picked up the new Kuga on Saturday. Travelled from Bournemouth to Leceister by train to collect it & then drove it back !!

I bought it from dealer stock back in June, but held on for the 59 reg. Its a 2WD Zetec with App, Conv, Sony DAB, Bluetooth and USB in Chill. Not my first choice colour, but it had the options and was a decent price so took the plunge.

On first sight my other half loved it - "best car you've ever owned" !! I wasn't that excited about it, but must admit it did look good sitting there waiting for us. We sorted out the paperwork, took the keys and after a quick look around we were off !!

Driving it back I found the seats comfortable, the car quiet and the engine responsive. There were no squeaks or rattles. I have twoquibbles. One is that I have is a slight vibration through the steering wheel at around 75mph. I think it might be that the wheels needs balancing because at other speeds its fine. I willmightstop off and have them balanced on the way home tonight. I could drop it at the local dealer, but I'd have to book it in, wait a couple of weeks etc. etc. I'd rather pay the moemy and have the vehicle in my sight whilst the work is done !! The other one is that I use my mobile as a Sat Nav, so have always used a Brodit mount with a charger plugged into the cig. lighter on the dash board. Thing is - the power socked is behind the handbrake which means I need to run a 12v extension cable to it. Bit of a pain, but I am sure I can make a tidy job of it.
Its showing just under 300mls now, and its just great. It does feel "trucky" when you are driving it - I borrowed a Ranger a few years ago and it has that feel to it - but that won't last for long I'm sure. I had to collect an item we bought off eBay last night, and after folding the rear seats down partially it slotted in a dream..

I'm pleased that we have it. The BT is sorted, and I just need to get the iPod connected and we'll be fine.

Just going back to the colour - it wasn'tmy first choice, but I think it suits it very well. I've seen the colouron other models (Galaxy, S-Max, Mondeo etc.) and it did nothing for me.

Overall & after 3 days ownership - very pleased.

If I get a moment I'll try and put some pics up !

·
Registered
77 Posts
Good write up Whizkid ! I saw a couple of Chills in Spain recently, and like you say, might not be everyone's first choice, but I thought it suited the car really well.

I know it's early days, but how is the 2wd on fuel ?

I'm hoping to get mine at the end of the month......

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi KugaNo - at the moment the computer is showing about 42mpg. These are never accurate and can vary by up to 10%. Its early days yet - a few '000 on the clock will show a difference.

·
Registered
77 Posts
End of July. Was told it would take approx 10-12 weeks. so was looking at an October delivery, but dealer called me last week to say the car is being built this Friday.

I'll believe it when I see it though.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts