Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2.0 EcoBlue 190 ST-Line X Edition Auto AWD, Solar Silver, 20” alloy wheels, retractable tow bar
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, just registered! Excited to say we’re a week away from delivery of our new Mk3 (ST Line X Edition EcoBlue 190 Auto AWD in Solar Silver with 20” wheels and retractable tow bar fitted) arriving March 1st, our first ever new reg day car. Looking forward to it, after 3 years with a Mk2 ST Line. Hoping the new car has the heated steering wheel/heated rear seats and rear camera which weren’t standard in the brochure I looked at back in the autumn before ordering late Nov, but it seems might be fitted as standard now, although I can’t find a definitive answer so will just have to wait and see.

Reactions: Micklebrow

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
hi JayPC send me the reg or vin number of the kuga by conversation/private message and I might be able to find the factory build for you.

Ross

Reactions: JayPC

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hello all, just registered! Excited to say we’re a week away from delivery of our new Mk3 (ST Line X Edition EcoBlue 190 Auto AWD in Solar Silver with 20” wheels and retractable tow bar fitted) arriving March 1st, our first ever new reg day car. Looking forward to it, after 3 years with a Mk2 ST Line. Hoping the new car has the heated steering wheel/heated rear seats and rear camera which weren’t standard in the brochure I looked at back in the autumn before ordering late Nov, but it seems might be fitted as standard now, although I can’t find a definitive answer so will just have to wait and see.
If it is a 2021MY car it will have those fitted. Unless it has been sitting in a puddle at Valencia it will be a 2021 car as all 2020 cars will have left some time ago.

·
Registered
2.0 EcoBlue 190 ST-Line X Edition Auto AWD, Solar Silver, 20” alloy wheels, retractable tow bar
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it is a 2021MY car it will have those fitted. Unless it has been sitting in a puddle at Valencia it will be a 2021 car as all 2020 cars will have left some time ago.
Great, it was definitely built to order in early December so sounds positive

Reactions: Bripat

·
Registered
14 Posts
HOPE your not expecting live feeds to the tow bar socket

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HOPE your not expecting live feeds to the tow bar socket
I’ll hook it up as soon as I can to test it out

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all new to the group 😁

Hope you get your car soon...

Ordered a kuga 1.5 (120) due to daughter under 25 insurance, 8 speed auto, ST X Edition, retractable towbar, spare wheel in lucid Red....

Still debating the assistance package
but the auto gets most of the mods.

Look a mean SUV

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,

I ordered my new 1.5 ST Line X with driver assist pack. in Oct 2020. It was suppose to come in end of Jan, but i am still waiting.. anybody experiencing similar delays ?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi all,

I ordered my new 1.5 ST Line X with driver assist pack. in Oct 2020. It was suppose to come in end of Jan, but i am still waiting.. anybody experiencing similar delays ?
Hi, I weirdly had the opposite. I ordered end of Nov, with factory options, car got built in December just before they closed the factory for an extended shutdown and it arrived at the dealership in January. Much faster than I was told initially. I only held off having the car until this week as I’d stipulated a 21 plate. I think the dealer perhaps had reserved build slots that jumped the queue perhaps, not sure. Hope you get it soon. We’re really chuffed on first impressions.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi all new to the group 😁

Hope you get your car soon...

Ordered a kuga 1.5 (120) due to daughter under 25 insurance, 8 speed auto, ST X Edition, retractable towbar, spare wheel in lucid Red....

Still debating the assistance package
but the auto gets most of the mods.

Look a mean SUV
Thanks, we got it on Monday. Really pleased, it’s a cracking car on first impressions. The auto is very smooth and plenty of kit on the ST Line X Edition. Going to hook up the caravan over weekend to test the tow bar as there’s a few people having issues with the electrical connections on here. Fingers crossed or it’ll be a trip to the dealer.

Reactions: Tim158

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Took a photo after testing out the towbar today. Looks great from the back. Very chuffed with this car and already had a few complimentary comments from neighbours and random passing strangers (socially distanced of course).

Reactions: SpK

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi
I noticed in your post, you have ordered a retractable towbar. The towbar electrics do not have any live connection.
No Atc and no fridge when travelling.
I am currently discussing with dealer, have spoken to Ford and say it their design and will not be supplying live feeds.
Peter.
Took a photo after testing out the towbar today. Looks great from the back. Very chuffed with this car and already had a few complimentary comments from neighbours and random passing strangers (socially distanced of course).
View attachment 6132
Looks great
Check your towbar electrics see if you have live feed for fridge and Atc

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi
I noticed in your post, you have ordered a retractable towbar. The towbar electrics do not have any live connection.
No Atc and no fridge when travelling.
I am currently discussing with dealer, have spoken to Ford and say it their design and will not be supplying live feeds.
Peter.

Looks great
Check your towbar electrics see if you have live feed for fridge and Atc
Hi thanks, yeah I just posted on the thread about the tow bar electrics. I hooked up to test it this morning and all seems fine. ATC started up with the usual noises and green light, van lights all working, trailer detected on the dashboard, everything seemed to work as it had with our previous tow car, so I think everything’s working ok.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi thanks, yeah I just posted on the thread about the tow bar electrics. I hooked up to test it this morning and all seems fine. ATC started up with the usual noises and green light, van lights all working, trailer detected on the dashboard, everything seemed to work as it had with our previous tow car, so I think everything’s working ok.
Thats really good to hear for you.
Enjoy your caravaning

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thats really good to hear for you.
Enjoy your caravaning
Thanks. I’m no expert on the electrical side of things. Because I’ve got a green light on the ATC does that mean it’s going to work ok when I’m driving? I’ve read a few threads about the permanent live feed thing but don’t totally get it. Engine was on, ATC was on and everything seemed to work so I assume that’s OK?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks. I’m no expert on the electrical side of things. Because I’ve got a green light on the ATC does that mean it’s going to work ok when I’m driving? I’ve read a few threads about the permanent live feed thing but don’t totally get it. Engine was on, ATC was on and everything seemed to work so I assume that’s OK?
The ATC has a permanent live feed.
The fridge and charging should kick in when the engine is running.
You should have 2 live feeds with there own earth's can't remember the pin numbers.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The ATC has a permanent live feed.
The fridge and charging should kick in when the engine is running.
You should have 2 live feeds with there own earth's can't remember the pin numbers.
The ATC comes on when I start the engine, not before, is that what you’re saying doesn’t work correctly then? The green light shows all is on at that point so I assume the ATC will work as normal while I’m driving?

·
Registered
2019 Kuga Titanium X Powershiftr AWD 180 PS
10 Posts
I had factory fitted detachable tow bar, 13 pin, on 2016 Titanium and all worked as expected when connecting caravan up without engine running, Ford must have change the standard supply on live feed at some time.

Now have 2019 Titanium X , fitted dealer ( They used 3rd party) detachable tow bar and all OK.

When you connect the your caravan you will also hear a noise as the ATC connects and the green light will come on to advise that system is working.

Douglas

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I had factory fitted detachable tow bar, 13 pin, on 2016 Titanium and all worked as expected when connecting caravan up without engine running, Ford must have change the standard supply on live feed at some time.

Now have 2019 Titanium X , fitted dealer ( They used 3rd party) detachable tow bar and all OK.

When you connect the your caravan you will also hear a noise as the ATC connects and the green light will come on to advise that system is working.

Douglas
Thanks Douglas, yes it seems that Ford and other manufacturers have changed the way the factory fit towbar electrics operate with all of the integrated systems now built into the cars. My last car was a 2018 Kuga with a dealer fit bar and it worked like yours. The new MK3 just needs the engine to be on but otherwise is working as before for me, however some folks have no power at all to their ATC which I guess is a fault rather than just the new way the electrics work.

·
Registered
2019 Kuga Titanium X Powershiftr AWD 180 PS
10 Posts
Thanks Jay, will bear that in mind when I trade in next year, was looking at the PHEV model but going to be a no brainer as will struggle to pull an empty trailer never mind a my caravan.

Stay safe

1 - 20 of 21 Posts