Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi currently have 2021 Kuga st line x phev without reversing camera. Would like to order another one with this fitted annd any other additional kit. However have seen that a new 2023 facelift is on the way. Anyone know anything about this, as would not want to order a new car with facelift model imminent. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
9,693 Posts
I have moved your post to the mk3 section where it may attract more interest as we may have some mk3 owners who only read their section. I will ask someone who may know.

@Gregs24 - do you have any info yet on the mk3 facelift for the above member.

·
The Detective.
2017 Titanium iAWD 2.0 Diesel
2,454 Posts

Reactions: smartguy69

·
The Detective.
2017 Titanium iAWD 2.0 Diesel
2,454 Posts

·
Registered
986 Posts
After what has happened with the Focus facelift (none being built at the moment) I wouldn't hold your breath. Car makers have some pretty catastrophic supply chain problems at the moment. Who knew Ukraine supply wiring looms to so many companies! This problem isn't going away any time soon. I believe the PHEV will resume production in August but this will probably be the current spec, the last batch of diesels being made mid summer, but really is a lottery at the moment.

·
Registered
82 Posts
@Colin White
Reversing camera can be easily retrofitted by technician. Buying a new car because missing reversing camera is a waste of money.

But I am wondering how come you don't have reversing camera on a ST Line X trim Kuga...? As far as I know front assist camera is an optional extra for ST Line X. Rear camera is already included for Titanium trim...

·
Registered
986 Posts
@Colin White
Reversing camera can be easily retrofitted by technician. Buying a new car because missing reversing camera is a waste of money.

But I am wondering how come you don't have reversing camera on a ST Line X trim Kuga...? As far as I know front assist camera is an optional extra for ST Line X. Rear camera is already included for Titanium trim...
MY20 cars do not have the reversing camera as standard, it was part of the pack with the front camera. Many of these were registered in 2021 so you need the build year not the registration year to be sure.

Retrofitting is expensive if you want OEM functionality

·
Super Moderator
5,890 Posts
I put my name down to be informed when the Edge came out in the UK.

Duly got a call, went down, got in one side, got and went home.Not for me, just so bland.

·
Registered
2 Posts
@Colin White

Thanks will ask about this at dealer. Odd about camera, I know , but delivered new in May 21 minus the camera?

·
Registered
986 Posts
Thanks will ask about this at dealer. Odd about camera, I know , but delivered new in May 21 minus the camera?
If it has no rear camera it is a MY20 car. It would have been made before September 2020 (when production stopped because of the HV battery problem) Production resumed in late December 2020 as MY21 with the camera. Your car would have been held for the battery to be replaced. If you want to PM me the VIN I can let you know the exact build date.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If it has no rear camera it is a MY20 car. It would have been made before September 2020 (when production stopped because of the HV battery problem) Production resumed in late December 2020 as MY21 with the camera. Your car would have been held for the battery to be replaced. If you want to PM me the VIN I can let you know the exact build date.
Thanks checked again with dealer and you are spot on! They offered a new PHEV Vignalle which is in stock. No mention of new facelift model. Dont really want to invest more with new model coming up. Best to sit tight at present?

·
Registered
On order Ford kuga Mk3 ST line x 1.5 ecoboost petrol
88 Posts
Thanks checked again with dealer and you are spot on! They offered a new PHEV Vignalle which is in stock. No mention of new facelift model. Dont really want to invest more with new model coming up. Best to sit tight at present?
I don’t reckon the new model will be out until at least 2023 end of the year. They can’t even build the focus with sync 4 in it at the moment, and predicting at least a year to catch up minimum. By the time they’ve announced it will be a year wait on it.

·
Registered
Nov 21 Vignale PHEV with all the goodies apart from panoramic roof.
57 Posts
They haven't. They just stopped selling it in the UK because nobody was buying it. They were, and still are made in Canada.
Our dealer refused to sell Edges as a lot of them leaked like a sieve and the didnt want the hassle of them

1 - 20 of 20 Posts