Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Ford Kuga 2009, 2.0tdci 100kw 4x4
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I couldn’t find Ford mechanic so I took to the place with most Google reviews, thinking it would be good. I had timing belt and water pump changed. Car was running perfect, engine was quiet, smooth.

So mechanic calls me saying that he noticed vibrations and that engine block carrier needs replacement. I said okay. After that, I took the car and noticed vibrations inside cabin, on steering wheel, seat and so on. I called him, he checked the car and told me it was fine. Vibrations aren’t that bad, but I knew how my car ran before.

To shorten the story, I’m wondering if new block engine carrier could cause those vibrations? He told me he’ll put more expensive one which was fine so it was strangei it acts like that. Also I’m noticing that car is more rough, noisy after everything he has done.

I’m taking car to Ford mechanic which is 50km from my place to take a look. But I’m wondering if someone had similar situation? Could the parts he used be faulty, not quality enough...

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
I can't comment on the problem but I would be extremely sceptics of Google reviews for businesses. Which set up their own fake account and were able to add decent reviews which were all made up. Nobody from Google checked they were a legitimate business and if the reviews were genuine.

Reactions: Happyarry

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't comment on the problem but I would be extremely sceptics of Google reviews for businesses. Which set up their own fake account and were able to add decent reviews which were all made up. Nobody from Google checked they were a legitimate business and if the reviews were genuine.
that’s true.i forgot to tell that my dad ran his Fiesta to the same mechanic and it was fine

·
Registered
830 Posts
Changing cam belt would require a special tool to make sure the timing does NOT move (Locks cam & crank shaft into correct position )............so if they have not managed that it could have slipped out of timing making it run lumpy.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
that’s true.i forgot to tell that my dad ran his Fiesta to the same mechanic and it was fine
Glad to hear it. Most will be genuine but sadly the odd one or two will not. I have used Automyze before when I was stuck and came across a very good old school style garage who ran his company on repeat business. He even said he wouldn't charge me if he couldn't fix the fault. He couldn't and didn't. I have used them a couple of times since but they are quite a way from me and now use someone closer if it's something I can't fix.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Recent write up in professional mechanics magazine.
The bottom pulley is also a vibration damper, it is often overlooked during a cambelt change., as in, the old one put back.
It contains rubber parts that will deteriorate with time & heat cycles.
Everybody goes on about the belt, pulleys, water pump but never the bottom pulley.

The 'special' tools for the cambelt change are for the PSA engine a set of round dowels, (Or drills) This locks everything in position. But if you are not careful the tensioner pulley on release can move the crank.

·
Registered
3,566 Posts
Recent write up in professional mechanics magazine.
The bottom pulley is also a vibration damper, it is often overlooked during a cambelt change., as in, the old one put back.
It contains rubber parts that will deteriorate with time & heat cycles.
Everybody goes on about the belt, pulleys, water pump but never the bottom pulley.

The 'special' tools for the cambelt change are for the PSA engine a set of round dowels, (Or drills) This locks everything in position. But if you are not careful the tensioner pulley on release can move the crank.
Bottom pulley went on our Peugeot 206. Peugeot agent reckoned they sold loads of them. It's a dual mass pulley. Got it cheaper from the Citroen garage which is just crazy.

Warning signs are vibrations come in about 1700 rpm. Ok at tickover.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I have often seen it said that pullies with dampers are easy to damage when removing/replacing.

Bob

·
Registered
6,694 Posts
All the Diesels used to vibrate up and around 1500 RPM, resonance in the engine mounts. My present 2016 Kuga does and has done from new, albeit much less than my 2013 model did. Ford said it was normal.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got car checked by two mechanics saying that new engine mount is quality one and that everything seems to be in order so that vibrations are normal to them. I knew my car before the service so something is definitely up.

i just created new post but it won’t mind to ask here as well.

i am suspecting injectors to be faulty or dirty asI heard knocking noise early in morning when it was minus 15 degrees celsius and I had some noise on my previous car when injectors were faulty.

can they cause engine vibration and rougher engine?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts