Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have read a few owners have had new carpets fitted are they better than the carpets which came with the car or still poor ?

·
Registered
418 Posts
From the posts it seems as though the replacements as worse than the ones in the car for some reason. The only problems with my carpets are the fact that the fit on the passenger side is a little bad as there is a small area of soundproofing showing. This has been fixed by other owners using black plastic.

The only other problem is the clutch pedal hits the floor and wears the carpet, 150000 miles on mine and it hasn't got any worse since it started.

After all the problems others have had with new carpets being fitted, I will just leave mine as-is.

·
Registered
173 Posts
fitted new matts a week ago front and back not as plush as the ford ones but a lot harder wearing and they have an extra pedal patch on top of drivers matt

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have the rubber ones, and to be honest they are really good.

After the snow etc. I would never go back to carpet type mats.

·
Registered
374 Posts
cornish said:
I have the rubber ones, and to be honest they are really good.

After the snow etc. I would never go back to carpet type mats.

interesting, Titanium comes with carpet mats front so bought rubber mats for rear cos so little used dont want scent etc staying in car....

perhaps its time to get rubberised in all footwells.....
Edited by: the undertaker

·
Registered
20 Posts
I got both the original carpeted mats in the front and rubber kuga mats front and back from new,didnt realise this until i hoovered it yesterday

1 - 6 of 6 Posts