Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

i wanna know, when Forscan reads my car in the Main configuration menu, all of those device's that they appear(like enabled or disabled) there are also installed in my car or they are just features that can be installed later and activated when it need to, for example i would wanna activate ''Adaptive Active Suspensions'', would it activate it or smt wrong can happen with the system because maybe i dont have that equipment installed ?!

·
Super Moderator
533 Posts
The last part of your post is correct. Most of the kit required for "additional features" isn't installed. Your active suspension example is good, you won't have the suspension legs to provide it.

·
Registered
804 Posts
Everything that you see as Disabled isn't present in the car. You can activate it but there's a very high probability an error message will pop up immediately (and of course it won't work). I tried this in my Fiesta when I was retroffting the light/rain sensor, if the sensor wasn't plugged in, as soon as I activated it in the menu, an error message would pop up after a couple of seconds.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Back up all your modules first (Asbuilt) and connect a battery charger while programming car.

There is a possibility you can brick the modules if you're not careful with what you are doing.

Some bits are "write once" in some modules.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank u all for the support and time, would like to know if the is a posibillity to see witch are the ''write once'' modules, not to play with them and regret it later and also if i avtivate a module just to see if it will enable, can there be damage be done to the car ?!

·
Registered
936 Posts
Best bet is to have a good browse through the FORScan forums to get an idea.

Re-writing or editing an Asbuilt with low battery voltage can brick the module. The low voltage failure point is 11.5v but I like to see 12.5v at least.

Ford are pulling the Asbuilt data off their site (Snap-on influenced iirc) so make sure you have a safe copy of your original BEFORE writing anything at all..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did activate some modules works fine, but when i activated the pre-colision asistant and precolision adaptive braking, when i finish the process it says in the dashboard that the pre-colision is not active and when i go to settings to activate it from the menu of the car, all buttons are grey?!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok i understand that, but is there a way to find out what u can activate that will work and what u cannot, because as i can see is like u can activate everything if u have or not have and either u get the '' warning fail message'' or not getting one and still u dont know if its working that specific module that u activate it, for example i activated the start-stop and the automatic lock by speed and it works because u can actualy check that option, and also i activated the Active Adaptive Suspensions, that car didnt give me no error mesage but also i dont know if its active or not because i cannot check that specific option, i just know that i activate the module and thats it?!

PS: Sorry for all the questions, like i said im new and learning thats why all the " how's and why's" :geek:

Thank you all for ur time and help!!

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
You're going to be missing the required hardware for most options or that option may not have ever been available on any Kuga of that vintage eg. "Active Adaptive Suspension".

I can activate TPMS on mine, but at a minimum I'm missing the tyre sensors. I activated the perimeter alarm, but that didn't work. I'm thinking because the Spanish factory didn't produce any with that option. The USA Escape has the perimeter alarm, but they're also all made in the USA and have differences to the Euro Kuga. Activating the Thatcham alarm system worked- but only after I added the missing components (I was lucky enough to have the wiring loom 99% there.)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You're going to be missing the required hardware for most options or that option may not have ever been available on any Kuga of that vintage eg. "Active Adaptive Suspension".

I can activate TPMS on mine, but at a minimum I'm missing the tyre sensors. I activated the perimeter alarm, but that didn't work. I'm thinking because the Spanish factory didn't produce any with that option. The USA Escape has the perimeter alarm, but they're also all made in the USA and have differences to the Euro Kuga. Activating the Thatcham alarm system worked- but only after I added the missing components (I was lucky enough to have the wiring loom 99% there.)
I understand yes, but still want if its possible a specific answer to my question above "is there a way to find out what u can activate that will work and what u cannot "

·
Registered
804 Posts
In short, no. Like mentioned before, everything that you see disabled will probably won't work and/or produce error codes when activated.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts