Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 15 plate 2.0 Zetec TDCI that gets little use other than shopping trips and dropping SWMBO at the station in very bad weather during the winter as it is basically our caravan tow car. I give it a run and booster charge now and again to try to keep the battery topped up but today the battery is completely flat after a week of standing, the smart charger is reading 8V and showing an F01 fault, I'm going to give it another try in case it can recondition the battery but I'm not optimistic.
Can someone recommend a battery make/model and source for a good value deal? Because of its position I can't see what's currently fitted.
TIA

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Varta or Bosch.

It's probably a 110EFB but there are any number of sites where you simply enter your reg. number to verify this.

GSF and Euro Car Parts often have deals on new batteries.

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
The Battery Monitoring System should be reset when the battery is replaced. Check for corrosion on the negative battery terminal too- that where the sensor is. If you charge the battery in the car be sure to connect the negative charger clamp to the negative post on the suspension tower- not directly to the battery.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Can you not reset the system your self guys ?my start stop has not worked for two days now and I might need a new one as mine is original one which is 5 years old lol

·
Registered
898 Posts
No you cannot reset it yourselve it is importamt because the kuga will still retain in its memory or the old information about the old battery

·
Registered
898 Posts
It might not fully charge
when I had it done at fords they charged £25
but any good garage with the software can do it for you it only takes minutes

·
Registered
840 Posts
Found this posted by Filco.

Thread number 15. Could work for Kuga.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Thanks for that mate was interested to see that Halfords reset the bms when fitting a new one it will interesting to hear if this is true

·
Registered
840 Posts
I would have thought the only Halfords centres who would be able to offer you that service are their auto centres and not their other outlets. If they can service your car and reset the service counter then I am sure they can also reset the battery.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Just called my perrys dealership in chesterfield to ask them a few questions and asked about the bms reset for a new battery and they wanted an incredible 115.82 !!!!! To do it!!!! I think she may have still been on the juice from the weekend!!!! Lol

1 - 20 of 64 Posts