Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi kuga family I'm new here and in need of some help with my MK1 2.0 titanium as garages carnt seem to find the problem it's been into 4 different garages lol.

I had a dpf problem around 3 months after buying my kuga where I was told its excessively blocked and needs replacing so I've had that replaced with alot of other things but when I'm driving at a constant speed say 50-60mph I either get engine malfunction with traction control light or get code p2566

Currently I've had replaced
Dpf filter
Dpf pressure sensor
Dpf temperature sensor
New turbo
New boost pipe
New map sensor
New maf sensor
New battery
Turbo boost solenoid
But it's still exactly the same now the car drove fine before the dreaded dpf fault. But no garages can pin point the issue it's also been smoke tested for nearly 2 hours and a good look over and no pipes are leaking. Any help would be really helpful

Thank you for reading jess.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi, I’ve got ongoing issues with mine too. I’ve have engine malfunction lights galore and no joy with a proper fix. I’ve replaced some of the same parts you have too. I was told that I’m not doing enough mileage at a constant speed to the DPF out and ‘regenerations’ are failing to kick in.

Every few weeks I get smoke billowing from under the bonnet and it comes into the cabin through the air vents, it doesn’t smell like exhaust fumes axactly but it’s awful. Garages I’ve spoken to haven’t pinned down what’s going on either.

My Kuga is a 2009 with 142k on the clock.. how old is yours?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mine is 09 titanium with 115k.

There is also a couple of people on the kuga uk owners group on Facebook with the same issues and nobody can seem to pinpoint the problem its getting silly now the amount that I've spent trying to rectify the problem. But I have found that my wires are all burnt that comes off the positive on the battery so I've whacked loads of electric tape round it and put a cover on it and then more tape to see if that was shorting it out and throwing up codes. Where abouts are you bud

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mine is 09 titanium with 115k.

There is also a couple of people on the kuga uk owners group on Facebook with the same issues and nobody can seem to pinpoint the problem its getting silly now the amount that I've spent trying to rectify the problem. But I have found that my wires are all burnt that comes off the positive on the battery so I've whacked loads of electric tape round it and put a cover on it and then more tape to see if that was shorting it out and throwing up codes. Where abouts are you bud
I’m in Bradford, West Yorkshire.
My problem has also been going on so long but I love the car. Sounds like our cars are both similar in age, mileage and issues.
I’ve been through a few batteries and 2 alternators during the 7 years I’ve had this car. I just had an interim service and it’s driving really well at the moment. I hope I haven’t jinxed it by saying that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm in ilkeston Derbyshire. And I had my battery off at the weekend to sort out the melted wire and it's also driving spot on at the min so touch wood it's fixed lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts