Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Kuga 190 AWD ST Line First Edition
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else experienced knocking on the rear suspension with their MK3 AWD? I found this underneath.
Top picture is nearside, bottom offside

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
I would be taking the car back to Ford and asking them to fix it.
It looks like the spring hasn't been seated correctly.

·
Registered
Premium White 2018 Kuga ST 183BHP Auto 4x4
344 Posts
On the first picture there looks like a piont of contact between the spring and the bracket next to it.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm beginning to with about QC with this car.
Seeing a lot of faults which shouldn't be passing through assembly and customers.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Spoken to Ford today, someone is going to contact me to get it sorted. I'll be asking for a new spring I think, it seems to have got worse today like it's been slowly sliding across. The good side looks like it has been moving around a bit.

AxelB, I wonder how the boot cover made its way through QC lmfao

·
Registered
480 Posts
Are you sure it is the spring that is wrong and not the bracket next to it that seems to be located too close to the spring ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you sure it is the spring that is wrong and not the bracket next to it that seems to be located too close to the spring ?
Yeah the bracket is definitely at fault but I'll still want a new spring and possibly bracket as they have been rubbing together

·
Super Moderator
2,493 Posts
New bracket, new spring and get the eccentric bolt/plate that holds the bracket checked on the other side as well. That is pretty poor QC and should have been picked up in the 'apprentices thrash the new car around the block' as part of PDI.

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
375 Posts
That was probably the factory fix to get the wheel alignment correct. I think before it went in I'd be taking that for a 4 wheel alignment check to satisfy my own mind. The concentric bolt is there for a reason.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's booked in for Monday, I'll keep you all updated. I will be asking for the tracking to be checked too, I was thinking it might be off. I'll check the tyres too make sure the ns especially hasn't been running against the tread

·
Registered
29 Posts
Look forward to seeing how you get on next week.Hopefully get some answers and things replaced also.

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
375 Posts
It's booked in for Monday, I'll keep you all updated. I will be asking for the tracking to be checked too, I was thinking it might be off. I'll check the tyres too make sure the ns especially hasn't been running against the tread
Not just the tracking, the issue is on the rear so you need to ensure they do 4 wheel alignment so it confirms it’s going down the road in a straight line, let us know.👍

1 - 12 of 12 Posts