Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to problem solve a rear door unlocking issue. Problam has been intermittent but recently have not been able to use this door at all. Can you swap the rear door mechs between the rear doors? would like to find out if the problem moves between doors, if so, then defo know its the door mech thats the issue.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Pretty sure they are handed; the front ones are. I've just ordered a front one as I have the same issue on the passenger front door; I took the door card off and checked the cables were running smoothly (they were), and I squirted grease into the latch mechanism and cycled it a number of times to ensure it was lubricated appropriately. Still no joy!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
After stripping it all down, it appears to be the actual locking mech that is causing the issue. Voltage out to the mech is triggered when remotely locking and have noticed that if I tap the outside of the door, where the lock mech is and unlock remotely at the same time, boom!!! The lock mech works!! Just I’ll need to replace the whole lot!

·
Registered
185 Posts
Just finished replacing the unit on my wife's, fixed the problem just fine. Managed to find a replacement unit for £50 on eBay; most seem to be around £130!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.