Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pickedup my Kuga last week, the DVD case was empty as the dealer said they'd installed it, how do I get the disk to eject?My mate recons they've coppied it on the internal hard disk, if so I want them to supply me the original disk!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Hi there... nice to see a new poster here.

There was some kind of discussion in this thread. I didn't hear any more, and forgot to ask when the car was serviced a week or two ago!
BTW, what is the version of the disk you have? is there something marked on the box? I'd like to know if there has been an update since last July, when I picked up my car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi

All is says on the DVD case is Europe 2009, Russia + MREE 2009, don't know if that helps?

Have you found a way on the Navigation Software to show Miles rather than Kilometres? My setup on the clocks is set for miles for mpg etc ............

Regards

Mark

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was toldtoday if you remove the volume knob and then the bezel which is arround the knob you can see the DVD, the button press I was given didn't work, press pwr & eject. I have a photo but I don't appear to be able to upload it on this post!
If anyone finds the button press can they please post the instructions

Regards

Mark

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I don't see any release button behind the bezel! There is a small square white sticker though. Mabe the release is behind that and the sticker is some kind of security label?

Anyhow, my DVD case just says Europe 2008, so from what you write, it looks as if there is a newer version of map software released. Thanks for your feedback. I wonder now how to go about getting an update? Has anyone out there bothered?

Cheers.

·
Registered
446 Posts
As a matter of interest!

For those with the Premium Sat Nav fitted, it may be worth getting in touch with.

[email protected]

As I did yesterday give them all your details and vehicle ID as they will send you an update free of charge for you DVD Sat Nav.

However the reply I got was this..

"

Dear Sirs,

Unfortunately the new updates 5.0 for the Navisystem NX mit Touchscreen are not available at this moment. We have no discs at our stock. The updates can probably be delivered in the middle of August.

We have registered your order now and will deliver the DVD as soon as possible automatically to you, when it will be available.

Unfortunately we can not give you the exact delivery term.

Thank you for your kind understanding"

I will have to wait out!!

Regards BigGeord

·
Registered
65 Posts
biggeord - you got your update dvd yet?

dr_nick

·
Registered
5 Posts
to take the dvd sat nav out ,have a look at this ,works fine for the kuga,i have try it and is the same has explain on the video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L5N-yZdYKI

the secret is to press menu and nav at the same time ,this will bring up a new menu ,and the opction to inject dvd will come up.you will need to enter the radio code.
Edited by: Bragado

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've recived a email from Blaupunkt saying the following:

"<DIV dir="ltr" align="left">

Dear Sirs,

The update 5.0 are not avaliable. I got the information last week, that there
is a new update 5.1 and the Ford dealers will get the new update automatically
at the beginning of November. I can't send update anymore. The customer have to
turn to the Ford dealer to get an update.

Thank you for your kind understanding."

·
Registered
328 Posts
I'll speak to my mate who works in Ford Parts and let you know!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Just gave him a reminder - should get an answer by the end of today!

Update - heard back from Ford and the brand new Kuga's arriving at dealerships right now are being shipped with the 2009 Nav disc so AFAIK there is no update from this disc yet!

If this changes obviously I'll post an update unless someone else finds out first!

Edited by: Kuga Jon

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have heard from my nearest Bored stealers 2day and they have a copy of the 5.1 update,
and that they would like to take the opportunity in charging me the princely sum of £45 for their efforts.

I find this very resonable considering I have no idea what features the update will give me

any other comments on this matter!

·
Registered
328 Posts
Latest I heard was that Ford were investigating the reports that the 2009 disc does not find all the postcodes entered - ironically its something I've encountered at least half a dozen times in 3 months of ownership - be interesting to see if we get an updated and "fixed" copy for free if Ford accept its a problem!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Hi Paul, thanks for the link. I downloaded the updater (eventually, it's very slow and stalled twice before I was able to get a good download) and it's now installed.

Just need to get back on the road to use it and see what's changed!

Sorry that I cannot help you with the unit removal query, I hope someone here can.

Nice one!

Cheers, qxq

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have just received ford nx 5.0 update from Blaupunkt through the post, strange since they said they had none left. I have also downloaded ver 5.1 from the above link.

I would like to know though before I update my system is it worth it?

are there any visible differences/benefits.?

regards BG

1 - 20 of 41 Posts