Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else had problems with their navi? Needed to use the navi during the christmasholidays, but that was not easy. Only got an errormessage saying that it had problems reading the dvd or finding the adress. I had to change the country, and it didnt seem to like Finland...Norway seemed to be OK though.

Its a shame spending 20k£ on a navi that doesnt work. 

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
If Finland is not mapped and you specified the Navigation system believing that it was, and you were not informed at the time of purchase, then I would definitely take this up with Ford. Living in Scandinavia, you would expect all the region to be included. Sounds like some compensation is due!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Whole Europe is on the map, and i can if im lucky get Finland working, but mostly i just get an errormessage, so it either the dvd or the navi itself thats having problems.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had exactly the same problem with the Satnavdisplaying data read error when trying to change locations - I can no longer select countries or local destinations - it seem like the local area is cached in the system- Solution went to the main dealer I have been waiting two months for a software version update from Blaupunkt

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mouse1277 was correct. I had the car at service at 20.000km and 40.000km and the dealer both times concluded that the NAVi only needed an update, but of course they didnt have it available. 

After the 40.000km service i checked the disc myself and saw a bright spot under the DVD, making it unreadable. Contacted the dealer that installed the 2009 map and updated my Navi to the latest version. The upgrade itself was worth the trip.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hi has anyone worked out how to add currentposistion on the touch screen Navi?
Edited by: BigGeord

1 - 8 of 8 Posts