Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
looks muddy out there. Maybe you should send the clip to Fifth Gear and show them what a Kuga offroad can do when its not expected to get out of a ditch that a range rover would struggle with!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Well done Wildyce,

Good film and sound!

1 question though was that you or the Missus drivingas there was no Handbrake turns?

lol.

Good to see keep up the good work

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The clip should have had a disclaimer - trick photography was used in the making of the film. only two circles in real life, the others were faked.. You can see the mirror image number plate and left hand drive in some of it if you look closely. I only went clockwise...

I was going to do the handbrake turn thing but there are two large bumps just before each approach from above or below, so I was a bit nervous of attacking at speed andbreaking a wishbone or something -I do have 565miles to gohome tomorrow!!

Oh and it was all me, no one else, just lots of visits to the camera on the tripod in my wellies, my host's borrowed camera as well as my SLR doesn't do vids - a Canon digi point and shoot with MS Movie maker as supplied with vista..

And no didn't have any concerns at any time, the Kuga always took me straight up in the line I chose. I did have one moment though where she ran out of steam in second and I wasn't giving enough Macrae type wellie on the turn. You can see that in the film where it comes to a halt just around the bend. Also was out in blizzards on Tuesday and she performed admirably there as well - didn't think about turning back once!

Anyway going back home tomorrow so only tarmac for the near future, but as I said before, a trip to the Highlands is to be recommended for all Kugans- the forestrytrack I was on rises up from Invermoriston to Achnaconeran and Invermoriston is a great place to base yourself for easy acces to the rest of the highlands....

·
Registered
74 Posts
Wicked video
Which poor unfortunate had the job of washing the K after?

I'm ok till I've got to do the panoramic roof! at that point out comes the step ladder!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I found if you open the door and stand on the sill and hang onto the roof rails it helps! And then hubby comes out and asks'Whatareyou doing exactly? Here, let me do it ' and so, job done

·
Registered
74 Posts
championkuga said:
I found if you open the door and stand on the sill and hang onto the roof rails it helps! And then hubby comes out and asks'Whatareyou doing exactly? Here, let me do it ' and so, job done

I did try that one

I explained that I just wasn't tall enough! so bless him he bought me the stepladdder

He's not the sharpest pencil in the box, or is he?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I'm 5'11'' andI still had to stand on the door sill to reach the middle of the roof
<?: prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><a href="http://www.kugaownersclub.co.uk/forum/http://www.kugaownersclub.co.uk/forum/smileys/smiley36.gif" target="_blank"></v:></v:shape><?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

You would have to be pretty dame tall to be able to washthe roofwith out some assistance

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The tyres are the standard continentals that came with the 18" wheels. They gave me no trouble at all.

Going back a few posts.... I washed it yesterday, pressurewashed most of the mud and dirt off, then some Autoglym bubble bath and a microfibre covered sponge and it all became very shiny, very quickly. Remember, I have Diamondbrighted my Kuga so dirt doesn't get to stick that much. Oh and I was also helped by the torrential rain down across the borders on the way home...

And for the roof. I use one of those 2 foot long water brush things. I wouldn't use it anywhere else on the car because of my fear of whirls and hollowgrams, it being a black car and all.

·
Registered
4 Posts
hello from Russia !

I have KUGA , and I like this car.

If you want see Kuga on mud-track, You can See video on next link

http://vimeo.com/2159595 (russian language )

Time for KUGA from 8:14 till 10:59

In this test KUGA got better times
Mud circle

1 - 17 of 17 Posts