Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone

had my Kuga zetec for nearly 3 weeks now and for the most i am very pleased with it, only a couple of minor gripes with it. firstly the carpets in mine are not fitted to badly but for a car that has a list price of over 22k they are not realy upto scratch , the carpets in my 03 fiesta are thicker and fitted better.also anyone else think ford have picked the wrong gear ratios for first and second, maybe its just my driving style but they seam very very short. i also get a sort of clunk after about 30 seconds of driving, this is every time i drive the car and it sound sort of like a hydraulic compressor turning itself off or coming upto pressure ?, im going to ask service team when it goes in for its 1500m check.
But all in all im quite impressed and my other half loves the car so if shes happy then i am

gary

·
Registered
287 Posts
sounds as though there may be a problem as you should not get a 'clunk' until very high mileages have been covered. good to get it checked out. I suspect low first and second are deliberate as with a fully laden vehicle on a hill start can need it. the compressor sound may actaully be linked to the air can unit rather than teh turbo but teh dealer should be able to sort that foryou easily enough. enjoy..

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi GLI999,

Pleased you are enjoying your Kuga. I agree with you the gearing from 1st to 2nd is very short but you will get used to it.

The 'clunk' you hear may be the ABS self testing, mine does this but I'm used to it because my 1.7 puma didit as well, but obviously you should get it checked.

Good Luck

·
Registered
173 Posts
I've also noticed a slight 'clunk' which appears to come from the rear when about 20 secs into the journey. I only hear it the once and it's not very loud or something that makes me think that there is something wrong. It's nice to know though that someone else has noticed it....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts