Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, just found the website and registered immediately.
I took delivery of my Kuga Zetec on Thursday and am so happy with it already.

We called by a dealership by chance and looked over the car which had only arrived in the showroom the day before and within the hour had bought it!

It wasn't registered so not even a test drive! Anyway, I'm amazed they let us have it as they weren't sure when they would get another for themselves, but I love it.

Did a 200 mile round trip over the weekend, with no niggles or disappointments. Great handling and lovely and quiet.

It's Avalon which looks great, and even though it's the Zetec it's well specced.

Just trying to get to grips with the keyless bit, especially when you stop the reflex is there to turn the key in the ignition which of course isn't there.

Anyway if you're deliberating Go For It!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hi glad to hear you like it so much as I too am awaiting delivery of my Zetec (like you no test drive). Just awaiting the recall retrofit to arrive and be fitted - I was promised a call today to update me but nothing yet

You may want to check with your dealership regarding the recall as the DPF can clog and put the engine into "Limp home" mode limiting you to 20MPH!

I think Ford are just being cautious to avoid bad press given the positive reviews so far but as a result they are banning release to customers until the retrofit has been completed.

Happy motoring

·
Registered
418 Posts
I visited my dealer who had taken delivery of a Zetec in Avalon with the Apperance pack and Bluetooth.

I was the first to drive it in a demo, after 30 mins and a quick talk about trade-in I was hooked.

Agree with you on Avalon, wasn't my first choice as I really wanted Frozen White and haev been thinking over the past few days that I was a bit rash in just taking what they had - but had a look on Monday night and I know it was the right choice.

If you look at the pre-release flyer it is the one colour that doesn't stand out, but in the flesh it is amazing - the drug dealer windows and 18" wheels of the pack really set it of..

Just wich I could take delivery.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, taken it to France for the last 2 weeks and did just under 3,000 miles in it and it was an absolute joy to drive about, it looks good and gets lots of comments and it had plenty of room in it for all the wine we brought from the vineyards, even putting some under the seats wonderful idea

During the week driving around the area we averaged 42 mpg and on the motorway doing 85 mile per hour we averaged 36.5 mpg.

To be honest we couldn't ask for more

Goes in monday for its look over and a very good clean

Adam

1 - 4 of 4 Posts