Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At last, a short video of my MK1 OEM Ford DRLs Dimming when indicating..

https://youtu.be/c7Monw7OmrM

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi, no, not out of the box, the normal operation of them is as they are on at full brightness as soon as you turn on the ignition, and when you turn lights on to any position, they will go to dim mode, if you want them to dim when indicating, you may be able to enable this in the ELM, though i cannot confirm if this is an option in the Kuga's software. I built a small bespoke circuit for each DRL module to do the dimming when indicating and wired it into the DRL to dim when the indicator on that side was turned on. If you are handy with a soldering iron or are fitting the DRLs yourself you should not have a problem building it and i can supply the details should you wish to do this, the hardest part was thinking about water-proofing it. It does make a real difference and looks more effective on the road than it does in my short video, - it is stable in real life as the frame-rate of my i-phone conflicts with the flashing of the indicators/DRLs in my video. Regards. Paul.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, thanks for the flowers!, Sorry for the delay in replying but not been feeling too well. Fine now though. Actually, the cost was low, I already had a few of the diodes (overrated at 3 amp) but more physically robust, about £15.00 for the cost of the other components and vero board from maplins plus £6.00 I think for 2 relays from halfords. I had knocking around a couple of small plastic boxes that I filled with silicone after soldering and mounting the boards in them, 4 wires exiting the bottom of the boxes which are cable tied up behind each DRL lamp. As I said, Im not sure if this function could be enabled in the ELM but possibly not as have not seen anyone comment on it. regards.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts