Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just picked up my brand new kuga - hooray. its panther black titanium with appearance and convenience packs + bluetooth/voice control. not managed to clock up many miles yet but looking forward to learning how to use everything. can't get my phone to bond yet - oh well good excuse to upgrade !!! not got the seat right yet either but i'll get used to it soon hopefully. nightmare to park too but think thats just cause i ain't used to the privacy glass etc. oh well better get some sleep ready for a day of learning 2moro !!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
congratulations!
Interesting point about the privacy glass - I'd not though about that when I ordered it and I don't have parking sensors on mine either when it comes.

·
Registered
113 Posts
That's a very good point...
If you have privacy glass, the parking sensors are a must - especially at night. In fact if I had the chance totest drive the Kuga at night, I wouldn't have ordered theprivacy glass. I just traded in a Zafira, also with privacy glass, but for some magic reason that baffles me,from inside, you couldn't reallytell the difference between privacy andordinary glass, while outside the privacy galss was almost as dark as the Kuga's.

Inside the Kuga with Proivacy Glass, the rear is very very dark, and at night, I even got out of the car to check if the reversing lights were actually working as I couldn't tell from the drivers seat

My Ford dealer fitted the reversing sensors for around £300 - I can't tell how much I actually paid as it was absorbed in my deal. These are the four body coloured circular type, with a loud beep, no button and no display, but I wouldn't be without them.

When will someone invent parking sensors for alloys and kerbs??

·
Registered
126 Posts
All the best with new car as I'm still waiting for mine.
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
I have sensors on the focus that I'm part exchanging for the Kuga. I knew at the time they was a waste of money for me as I'm ok reversing with just using the wing mirrors and don't need to look over my shoulder. But I thought the wife should appreciate them as she hasn't got the knack of just using your mirrors yet and needs to look over her shoulder when reversing.

BUT SHE STILL BLOODY REVERSED IN TO A POST WITH THE SENSORS!!

So I'm saving the money to put toward the next repair bill.

Sensors for alloys and kerbs are a bloody good idea as I have made that boo boo

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey Essexboy

I part exed a focus too which I have never had problems parking(infact pride myself on my parking
)and boy is it different parking the Kuga - be careful first time if you don't have sensors and check you are close enough to that pesky kerb!!!!!

Have a loads of fun

·
Registered
55 Posts
Interesting....
I have privacy glass for the first time and it came as a real shock to me just how little you can see. I too had to open the door and look out to make sure my reversing lights were working.

I could never understand people needing parking sensors, but with the size of the Kuga and the impact of the glass, I sure amglad I ordered then now.

However Iremain paranoid that it would be so easy to hit someone when reversing at night.

P.S Actually saw another one today in my own town! - the first since I bought mine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Put a few more miles on now and its getting easier to park, luckily i've got the park sensors with the convenience pack but you need to get used to the differant sounds to know the distance you've got. getting the radio and voice control nailed is the next challange. happy motoring everyone and hope those still waiting delivery will be as happy as i'm starting to feel about mine.

·
Registered
37 Posts
What extra do you get with the convenience and appearance packs,I am trying to make my mind up as to which level of spec to get for the Titanium.I am so confused even down to the colour,I was even thinking about getting White.Any info or suggestions will be helpful,even down to which options to take regarding financing the car.
Peter

·
Registered
126 Posts
Zetec appearance pack is the 18""� alloys, roof rails and privacy glass £500
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
Titanium appearance pack is just the roof rails and privacy glass £150 (£350 for the upgrade to the 18""� Alloys)

Both models come with 17""� alloys as standard but they are different.

It's the same price for the appearance pack on both and the only reason I can think of why they have split it on the Titanium is because the Titanium being the better model ford have some misguided belief it has better alloy wheels as standard. So some people already paying more for the better model have the decision just to get the privacy glass and roof rails as the have already paid for an upgrade on the wheels in the model its self. But I think the Zetec wheels are much better

You can just the roof rails for £150 on either model.

Convenience pack, front and rear parking sensors, electrically fording door mirrors and cruse control for £750. Only on the Titanium you get keyless entry as it already has the cruise control as standard. Again you get the Sensors on their own for £400, Cruise control £200 and keyless entry £250.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had the same problem choosing the colouras I do like the black and the sea grey. But as quoted on here by another member ""they look good in the show room""�.
<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><O:p></O:p>
I know from personal experience that dark colours do look better when their clean but they don't stay that way for long as the slightest amount of spray from the road and that's it you have a dirty car or even the traffic dust start to show after a few days.
<O:p></O:p>
Also dark colours are harder to clean as they always show the water marks, which means you spend more time wiping them over or waxing them to get rid of them.
Which also take its toll on the paint work after a few years as what you when the sun hits the car just right you can see spirals/swirls from all that rubbing over the years.
Also no matter how careful you are with your car there is to many people out their who aren't. when ever I go out in my car I always park it out the way but that only delays the inevitable, as sooner or later some idiot going to choose to park right next to you even though there is about 30 free spaces around your car) get out and bash your car with their door. Then you park it downthe high street and some drunk falls out of a pub and slides along your car with the studs on his jeans. Then there is the stone chips that you can't avoid when driving.
All this is only minor marks but it takes its toll on the car over the years and the small marks and dent's show up more on the darker coloured cars.
That's why I haven't chosen the grey or black, but don't think it's because I don't like these colours as I had a tie break green 306 cabriolet for 5 years and it look the nuts when it was clean, I just spent so much time cleaning it and trying to polish the scratches out. I also spent a fortune having to keep getting car park dent pulled out.

I have two silver cars at the moment. They are still nice to look at but not as nice as the darker colours. But I don't have to clean them that often and the marks and chips just don't show up as bad.

But silver cars now are like a***holes, everyone's got one. Didn't fancy the Tango or vision as a bit to much in your face (the wife quite likes the tango though).
So left with chill, white or Avalon. In the end Ihad a moment of madness,
and saidlets have a pimp mobile electric white, black widows, xenon lights and 19""� wheels. Its going to be here soon and I still lay in bed at night think mmm I not sure if made the right choice but the wife thinks its great. Some people think white is hard to keep clean but I had a white Clio for two years and one thing I do remember is that I didn't have to clean it that often or keep noticing all the marks every time I went near it.

Thinking back now when I ordered the car didn't fancy the chill colour but it's grown on me now and I think it's quite cool. But this is all only my opinion as you're the one that's paying for and driving the car so do what makes you feel happy

Edited by: Essex_boy

·
Registered
37 Posts
Thanks for your reply,it is down to me and it is difficult,however I do like the chili and the vision too even the Avalon aint bad at all.I would like to say that your choice of White aint bad at all,even i thought about that and may even be my choice.I know its down to the individual but it is so hard with all the different permutations (What a choice)
Cheers

Peter

·
Registered
102 Posts
difficulty in choosing colours is the lack of Kugas about. Normally when choosing a car you see one you like and get it in that colour. I've seen Sea Grey, Panther Black, Vision and Avalon (avalon was the dealer demo).
For me the Panther Black looks great polished up, but gets dirty so ordered it originally then changed to vision as saw one driving and it really stood out on the road!

The Sea Grey is really nice - seena Zetecseveral times in a town local to me (Strood in Kent) and I think it disguises the dirt.

As Essex said, all about individual preference, but I'd get Sea Grey over Black having seen both if I wanted a dark colour or Vision if you want to stand out a bit.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sea Grey (the colour I've got) is better than black for hiding dirt but not as good as I'd hoped! I must give the car a wash and polish this weekend, as it does look stunning when clean, but at the moment it's looking a little sad....

·
Registered
113 Posts
I have black and think it's great when clean but also I think there is a certain coolness in havinga brand new car that's covered in dirt. If buying I'd avoid white as fashion comes and goes, but I now wish i'd chosen it on my two year deal.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I have chill and I think it's fantastic! I didnt like it to start with when I saw it in the showroom and I only went for that colour because it was there and I could have it right away!!! Now it has grown on me and I wouldnt change it for any other colour. It looks at its best when the sun is on it and can look a bit 'grandad' when it's dull!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sea grey for me looks good when polished but even better coverd in mud from going off road and nearly getting stuck but she pulled herself out BRILLIANT car far better than my old freelander ( buy the way amser freelander do not have low boxes andnever had I have had 3 )

·
Registered
227 Posts
I stand corrected Rspannerman! I dont know where I got that from?? Could I be getting confused with the discovery? I've looked at both recently, before buying the Kuga. I've looked at a few others too... so maybe I'm getting confused with something else completely!?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts