Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After 4 weeks of waiting my "pre-built" Kuga order has apparently arrived in the uk (I'm sure the dealer told me it was here already when I ordered it).

Anyway I'm told it is at the docks and waiting to be loaded on a transporter and should be with the dealer on Friday or Monday (God I hope it's Friday)

·
Registered
260 Posts
I was told yesterday that mine was also in flushing and should take around 4 days toarrive atthe dealers.

So my guess is that they are both on the same ferry? Let me know when your dealer tells you its arrived, and I will also do the same.
Oh, and it should take the dealers around 5 - 7 days to do thePDI on it, so should be ready bang on time for the 09 reg!?
Edited by: daisbuys

·
Registered
731 Posts
Same here, I was told today my Kuga is in the compound at Flushing, should hopefully be in Blighty by the 21st and on my driveway by the 3rd of March with an 09 plate

Dealer had one on the forecourt, I'd forgotten just how big the Kuga is, it's enormous!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Still waiting for the dealer to call and let me know whether it's going to arrive Friday or Monday. My Kuga's on a 58 plate (got a great deal) as it was registered to me back in January, just been waiting for it to arrive. Dealer tells me their pre sale check takes a couple of hours.

I should hear this afternoon exactly when its going to arrive. Fingers crossed for tomorrow.

·
Registered
268 Posts
My Kuga arrived at the Dealer on Tuesday am.... it was PDi'd yesterday and is now just waiting to be cleaned and "Diamond Brighted" (paint shield) on Sat 28th before I collect on Sun 1st .... Wooo Hoo its getting really close now !!!!!!

I am so looking forward to actually seeing it this Saturday......

·
Registered
260 Posts
Hey KugaBabe, how much did you get the paintshield for? I had mine for £75 and was given the big spin about how much it should have been blah blah blah!

And I wonder if yours came over on the same shipment date as the rest of ours? Just that ours are still in the holding pen?
Edited by: daisbuys

·
Registered
268 Posts
Hi Daisbuys, And Yes I also got the Big Blah Blah, but we settled on £80 for it - and I do think it is well worth it because it really protects the paint and makes the car easier to keep clean as nothing seems to stick to it.......

Not sure which "shipment" mine came on as last Fri it had left France but not arrived in UK (I started to have dreams about cars bobbing about on the ocean over the weekend !! lol) then suddenly on Mon it arrived in Southampton and was put on Priority, then arrived at Dealer on Tues......

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The Kuga arrived at the dealer yesterday and I'm picking it up Saturday.

Small last minute glitch in that the dealer needs my driving licence for the finance and thats currently at Southend Court being endosed
Seem to have managed to get around it with alternate id so fingers crossed I will be in my Kuga tomorrow morning

Dealer has offered to fit mats and flaps for £99 which seems a bit steep to me. To be honest I'm very suprised I didnt insist on these as part of the deal anyway.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My little beast should be at the dealers Monday but do not pick it up until 2nd March (my choise) andthey aregiving me front and back mud flap, front and back mats, and roof rails free

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi Woody,

You are lucky getting all that for free! My dealer told me that they aren't making any profit from my Kuga sale so they won't give methe mudflaps, they did however say they would give me the front mats for free until I pointed out that they are included in the price anyway!! So I asked for the rear set. I have the roof rails as part of the appearance pack which was free along with Bluetooth.

I pick my Kuga up on the 3rd and I can not wait.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts