Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
I’ve had them on 3 kugas and 3 focuses and wouldn’t be without them, mine are Climair, present car got them all round

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Look nice, stops the drips coming in the door when having the window slightly open. They make what is quite a noisy car for wind even worse. I wouldn't want to do a long journey in my Kuga with them fitted and to be fair to the deflectors, it is not much better without them fitted.

·
Registered
2016 Ford Kuga 2.0tdci 150 FWD (frozen white)
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Look nice, stops the drips coming in the door when having the window slightly open. They make what is quite a noisy car for wind even worse. I wouldn't want to do a long journey in my Kuga with them fitted and to be fair to the deflectors, it is not much better without them fitted.
Correct, I did think it’s not a quiet of a car that I wanted! Especially at motorway speeds!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I think the only car I had that was noisier for wind noise was an old ford Orion that had a bent door. It could be down to the rubbers, big mirrors, too big a gap between the doors, roof rails or a combination but whatever the cause, it needed more research in the wind tunnel. Its nearly as bad as my motorbike lol.

·
Registered
2016 Ford Kuga 2.0tdci 150 FWD (frozen white)
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think the only car I had that was noisier for wind noise was an old ford Orion that had a bent door. It could be down to the rubbers, big mirrors, too big a gap between the doors, roof rails or a combination but whatever the cause, it needed more research in the wind tunnel. Its nearly as bad as my motorbike lol.
I’m glad we agree haha! I do big motorway mileage and even the diffrence from my kuga to the mrs 64plate focus is mind blowing! I actually prefer driving the focus. The seats are more comfortable also!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Had Henko on my last 3 cars,the wife has them on her hilux as well,one fell off the other day when coming home from North Wales,i didn’t use the clips,back on now with clips.never got round to putting them on the focus ST,

Ross

·
Registered
801 Posts
I second that -the wind issue, I mean. Although I also have Hekos and think they look good and help quite a bit, the Kuga is rather noisy at highway speeds when stock and the deflector make things worse -if ever so slightly.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Agree about the wind noise of the Kuga but I don’t think the wind deflectors make it any worse. After all it is a big box shape on wheels SUV, not streamlined like the Focus or other cars. The advantage of the deflectors I find is that I can leave the car locked up when parked with the windows slightly open and it gets ventilated and if you carry dogs they are a great bonus

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I second that -the wind issue, I mean. Although I also have Hekos and think they look good and help quite a bit, the Kuga is rather noisy at highway speeds when stock and the deflector make things worse -if ever so slightly.
I took mine off for a while on one side but put them back in again as I prefer the look and the wind noise was only a small improvement. Luckily I don't get out of the city much, well I don't get out of the drive much now lol. Amazon were doing a set which were stick on which I quite fancied as they include for the rear fixed glass as well. None left now but here are the pics.
IMG_1039_edited-1_750x.jpg
IMG_1035_edited-1_750x.jpg

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
Like the look of them with the fixed window included, the dogs doo dahs as they say

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Like the look of them with the fixed window included, the dogs doo dahs as they say
I may buy a set. Not bad reviews on Amazon. One person gave it a rubbish review for being stick on lol. 3m tape is good these days.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts