Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everone
Has anyone ftted mud flaps? if so do they look ok? do you think they do any good ? Only a few hours to go until I pick up the kuga.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have recently fitted front and rear mud flaps. It was a very simple job and only took 30 mins. Here are the instructions for your information. The instructions recommend that you jack the Kuga up and remove the wheel , but I didn't bother. You will need a set of Torx keys though.

Regards

Kugameister

Edited by: Kugameister

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi wiggers,

I have mudflaps on my Kuga, personally I think they look great and do help to keep some of the mud off. Have a look at amser's pictures, they should help you decide.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Fitted mud flaps yesterday. Bought off e-bay( genuine Ford parts )£40 +P&P £52 quoted at my dealer.I agree with comments above , perfect fit and look really well. You do need torx bits, 20and 25. follow drawings closely, first side took me a bit of timeas you fathom it out , second side was a doddle.I found that when fitting the serrated side clips which hold the mud flap to the wheel arch trim, it is best to preassemble them to their plastic keeper by one notch, this keeps them in place whilst you use the grips so you don't need 3 hands.
To fix the last self tapping screws on the front ones , I had to drill a pilot hole into the plastic of the wheel arch as there was non there on my Kuga.I did jack up the back but it does not increase the clearance much but at the front I just turned the wheels from lock to lock to get working space wher I wanted it. Good luck , go for it.

Colin.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts