Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks
Just admired your photo's hope to add mine next month. I never thought about mud flaps when buying my Kuga. My dumb question isare they fitted as standard on the Titanium? I notice from most T model pictures in UK that you all have them fitted.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi Jonny Kuga
Unfortunately no they aren't standard, you have to buy them even for the Titanium. Ford doesn't give anything away these days!

I paid £50 for the set.

I hope this helps and no it wasn't a dumb question

·
Registered
21 Posts
hi jonny kuga

The dealer who ambuyen my kuga from... before i agreed the deal i asked forfull set ofmats, mud flaps and full tank of diesel for free!he said yes straight away. I seen a fullset ofmud flapson ebay for £30new

Kuga59Gary

·
Registered
403 Posts
kuga59gary
kugacat

Do you recommend the mudflaps ? I still have not made my mind up on them.

And do you have any photos that shoW them off ?

Portkuga

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Go for mudflaps. They do make a big difference. I have a Panther Black so they are quite discreet but I can't comment on the look on other colours. I am pretty fussy about keeping my Kuga in mint condition and they certainly help in cutting down in dirty spray down the sides.

http://www.kugaownersclub.co.uk/forum/photo-album_topic229_page3.html

Hpoefully this shows mine!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks folks
I forgot to ask for flaps pretty dumbof me
I will negotiate with the seat back rests or

"!!!! BOB things car is still on time so far

·
Registered
21 Posts
hey kugacat

yes i would recommend them to anyone, have had them fitted on all my new carsand the amount of roadgrime it keeps off!! help in the long run when cleaning hehe, you can see them on ebay or the ford assossories part? theydont look to bad either

Good Luck.. Kuga59Gary

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Unfortunaltely the days of free mudflaps, carpets and a full tank of fuel have long gone, spending wellin excess of twenty grand counts for nowt anymore.

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
KugaKen To be fair if you are using a Kuga to haula4/5 year old Bailey Moselle around I cannot see the really point in mudfaps . . but there you go.

·
Registered
929 Posts

A couple of photo's of my Kuga with the flaps on. They are a good investment for little outlay, as they reduce tar spots and stone chips along the side of the vehicle. If buying from ebay, insure your are purchasing genuine ford mudflaps. I fitted these myself. Approx 10 minutes each corner and did not need to remove the wheels.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Nice clear pics Stupot, made up my mind and off navigating to Ebay.

Portkuga

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Picked up my boot protector that I won off ebay today and with the money I saved I'll be getting a full set of mud flaps for my new Kuga this week.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi all, I got the ford parts mudflaps back in the summer, not easy to fit, but certainly not difficult, more awkward without taking wheels off. They are excellent though, less mud and tar spots, not to mention stone chips. Well recommended.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Got a set off ebay and fitted them yesterday - very impressed by the quality and the fit. I fitted a set to my wife's puma a few years ago and they are really poor, you have to be careful when washing that you don't knock the clips off!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Stupot.
Mudflaps in hand will be fitting tomorrow.

Reading the instructions, do i use one of the screws i take out fromthe wheelarch lining?

regards

Ashy

·
Registered
929 Posts
Ashy

Brain cells are fading since i did this a while ago,but glancing over the instructions on the 'How to' section 'How to install Mudflaps', you do not re use any of the screws from the front arch liners and trim. However I believe the largest screw you remove from the rear arches is reused in a different position.

Other members have also done this themselves so I may be corrected if im wrong. This is a relative easy modification you can carry out yourself and saveyourself a small fortune doing this yourself plus the satisfaction that you know you have cleaned and polished the arches before installing the mudflaps.

To keep them looking clean and good as new and like the rest of the exterior plastic trim I use Auto Glym Bumper Care.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts