Kuga 2ltr AWD Titanium X, Midnight Sky.
2,041 Posts
There is no NORMAL mpg Paul.
Theres a huge thread on here about it

·
Mr. Happy
2,041 Posts
My average is around 43-44 mpg for my Titanium X 163.
But other's may have varying mpg.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I live in a hilly area of S. Wales and I get just over 40 dropping to 37.5 in winter.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Only seems to go up 1/10 at a time
Only had the car 24 days and not impressed with mpg as I got more out of my mk1 1.6 focus

·
Update Ninja
Vignale 2019, Platinum White
4,157 Posts
It will help if we knew the age and model of your wheels, if you add a signature to your user name it will appear on everything you post, hope that helps, and another discussion link for you here

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
7,742 Posts
Click on your logo. Yours is a letter P in a circle towards the top right of your screen. Click account settings and then signature under settings.

·
Registered
269 Posts
As said big thread just below this one.All this MPG is very confusing mine is Titanium X sport 163 hp auto 2014 it varies between 30 and 41 depending on what mood the computer is in or that's how it appear's to me. Doesn't seem to mater how i drive or what type of road i am on.

·
Registered
845 Posts
46ltrs = 10 gallon as near as: for 425 miles. An easy calc for a Friday morning. Computer not far off.

Mix of 200mls motorway, around town, and 30+ miles towing a trailer.

Once trailer on the average soon pulls down 1mpg, empty on a motorway soon pulls up 1mpg average

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
3,764 Posts
Either side of 40 for the top do da vignale.
remember it’s not a focus.

·
Mr. Happy
2,041 Posts
As Psshaw has said "It's not a focus"...…………………...Its about twice the weight of a focus and twice in size (well almost).
But it's a lot bigger and will obviously run with more fuel in mind.

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
3,764 Posts
I can also vouch for our fuel consumption with a SUV.
Prior to this diesel Vignale e bought a new be Tiguan. 1.4 petrol auto dsg 150 awd
On a run it was very good at around 44.
but omg around town etc it was really bad in fact it freaked me out 30ish on a good day. After six months I got shut and got the Vignale. Had it a year now and it’s never failed. Had the heated seats and steering wheel on this morning whilst dropping off the good lady into shakey wakey.

I wasn’t trying to be blunt about the focus but people have expectations that really just are too far away. Manufacturers bumf should be treat with scepticism.
enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
845 Posts
It would be interesting to see the difference of the rolling resistance of the Kuga vs Focus, especially a AWD Kuga vs FWD Focus. (or even Mondeo)

Then at higher speeds the difference in drag. (Are these published by Ford by the way?)
If I had this info I could do a calculation.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi

So I mostly do long distances +- 40km to work and vice versa.

So if I cruise at around 100km/h for the entire trip I get between 6.2 - 6.4l/100km.

Do you guys say that's pretty descent or it can be better?

·
Registered
192 Posts
MPG vary from car to car. Different driving styles and type of driving affect what mpg you get. Anything between 35 mpg and 45mpg would be about right for the 2.0. However if yours is AWD, expect that to fall if doing lots of town driving as that is where the AWD mainly works with slow speed and stop start.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Likewise, my 2014 180 AWD never seems to change much no matter however I drive! Careful or 'lively' It's always 33 - 34 mpg

·
Registered
90 Posts
The overall average mpg for my 2.0 auto awd diesel which I have owned from new since June 2017 is 37.8.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts