Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi just got my first Kuga 2008 titanium x 2.0 TDCi 136ps done 80,000 iv driven it for about 150miles but the mpg only seems to be slowly going up after I reset it when I got it and filled it with bp ultimate now on 26.5 and still going up slowly is this normal for it to take so long to go up or have I got a problem thought they was meant to get high 30s .is there anything I should be checking .the man I brought it from had it serviced oil ,fuel ,air filters .other than that love the car .was also thinking of getting remap and egr delete or is this not a good idea on these engines any help would be greatly appreciated .thanks j

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I would reset the fuel computer and start again to get a true reflection. The best way to find out what the exact mpg is by doing a brim to brim. On the mk 2 it is about 0.4mpg out when checking with the fuel computer. I very rarely look at my mpg as I have mine set to read the speed. Not sure if you have that option on the mk1. Personally I wouldn't be looking at blanking off the egr valve until such time as it starts causing trouble but that's just me. I also don't believe the additional cost of ultimate is beneficial to me and the last time is used it, my mazda 6 failed a regeneration and haven't used it since. Coincidence perhaps.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for reply il give that ago .not got the option for speed unfortunately it would make sense to have it especially with cruise control .the egr delete comes part of the remap is all so didn’t know weather to ask them to not do it as iv heard they can be a pain when they clogged ect .yeah lots of mixed reviews regarding the ultimate diesel bloody expensive I know that much . Don’t surpose you know if to get a new key done you are supposed to have a key code that’s meant to be written down on a card got 2 keys with the Kuga one works the other one the bloke got cut and said he couldn’t program it so asked a company and they said I needed that code for them to do it .

·
Registered
401 Posts
Hello Jp88,
Welcome to the forum.
You'll find a few threads on here regarding mpg...…………...It's a weekly subject as our cars seem to all have minds of their own when it comes to mpg.
With it being a new motor for you to drive I would re-set the mpg counter and take it on a motorway run then around town to get an average of what to expect.
My 2ltr 163 gets on a run at the moment around 43/44 mpg and that's on motorway mostly each day.
Have fun with the new motor matey :)

·
Registered
508 Posts
I would warm it up on the motorway and then reset the average mpg AND the average speed. My 2011 2.0 163 can then rise to show 50+ ave mpg (on premium diesel from Costco @ 123p/ltr) but drops to 35+ on more routine journeys.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Il have a look at that.and will give that a go thanks ppl .just hope it’s going to go to at least 30 the book saying around 40 .another weird thing the date on my stereo only goes up too 2013 lol

·
Registered
199 Posts
Welcome Jp88,
Enjoy your Kuga.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I did as said and took down the motor way and through town after filling up and resetting now getting 38mpg so far so a lot better than 27 .

·
Registered
2008 Zetec Kuga Mk1
6 Posts
A quick and cheap thing that can help mpg is giving the MAF (Mass Air Flow) sensor a clean. It's plugged in by the air filter and if dirty can lower mpg, that said you do need to use the right sort of cleaner, though a MAF sensor cleaner is dirt cheap.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks il take a look at that at the weekend if it stops raining .been having the water in the boot problem too but think iv finally tracked it down was the joints on the boot were the mastic had split also the same under the scuttle panel both sides had split also done the roof bars hopefully that’s all of them .

1 - 12 of 12 Posts