Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi took the beast for its first longrun,it is only six weeks old and I took it on a 400 mile round trip to blackpool for the bank holiday weekend. Travelled most of the time down the m74 / m6 at 80 mph in sixth gear and in cruise. Averaged 40.3 mpg, is this a decent figure?

Saw a nice kuga in vision in the m&s in Lytham, the only one spotted on the trip.

port Kuga

Moondust Silver Con Pack, App pack, Panoramic Sunroof and Illuminated Scuff Plates

·
Registered
65 Posts
is that the 2wd? or AWD?

have been seeing more and more kugas up here in tayside.

I have the AWD and have done around 1400 miles of mixed driving and i average around 32.2 mpg

·
Registered
115 Posts
I got 46 once driving back to Birmingham from Somerset. Took an extra hour to get home @ 56 mph! Don't bother much with getting mph now, more interested in enjoying the kuga. Normal driving gets 35mpg if I'm lucky.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I got 46 once driving back to Birmingham from Somerset. Took an extra hour to get home @ 56 mph! Don't bother much with getting mpg now, more interested in enjoying the kuga. Normal driving gets 35mpg if I'm lucky. 2.0TDCI AWD.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi silica666 it is a 2wd. 2.0 tdci

portkuga

·
Registered
2,824 Posts
Hi all, SILICA666,"Avalon" a 2WD hascovered 1200miles so farand returning around 35mpg, not not a great difference between 2WD & AWD, she isa tad slowon theuptake, but once on the move she goes like the wind. That's like the wind, and not like wind. Lol. Bob.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hi silica666,
Keep an eye out for South Yorkshire intruder, I will be in Perth area from 20th to 24th September.
Moonstone with roofrails and detachable towbar, might have caravan attached if you see it.
Just for you Bob (of uptown fame) I will probably get to use my SEAT BACK TRAYS. Hurraa for seat back trays.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi PortKuga
I've done around 1400 miles in a month of mixed driving. On a recent run to Blackpool and return I was surprised to be getting 48mpg and around town/country I'm currently around 45mpg.

I'm really impressed with the consumption as there's nocomparison to my ex-Shogun Warrior £400 pa road tax truck

I haven't tried towing my caravan yet, so I've that pleasure to come once I get it serviced and a conversion cable for the electrics.
Edited by: Churchill

·
Registered
622 Posts
Hi PortKuga,
That sounds about right to me. I did a check on mine last week and it returned 39.9 mpg over a mixed motorway and rural road run.

Moonstone, apperance pack, detachable t/bar 18" wheels, five seats ho and trays (Bob).

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the replys folks, Churchill that sounds like a fine tuned beast you have! I am going up to the Inverness area for a weekend at the end of the month so I will probably average 60 mph in sixth and I will check the mpg.
The motorways were a bit quiet and I managed to easily cruise most of the journey at 80 mph andbeast handled it very smoothly.

Just reached 1000 miles

portkuga

1 - 10 of 10 Posts