Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
281 - 300 of 336 Posts

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
3,764 Posts
Hidden menu. ?
Try this, if you didn’t know.
I’m sure you’ll have the up down arrows on the left side of the steering wheel.
With the ignition on scroll through to you see the one for you mpg, press and hold the centre button until it says reset complete or the bars have fully gone across. You only reset the mpg.
Or
Go to the screen which show you miles done. Mpg . Miles left etc. Again press and hold centre one. This resets all figures.

Is the what you meant. ?

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
3,764 Posts
I knew her at school, but I put it on cos she does my head in with talking about Wakey all the time and being reet Yorkshire. To much i think. Lol

·
Registered
429 Posts
I had a pfficularly bad run on a long weekend in Plymouth. Brim2brim came back as 29.9. Can't get the distance to empty above 470 miles on the petrol guzzler. Brim2brim showing 3y-3.

Anybody know if you can reset the mpg in hidden menu?
Apologies for the bad typing in the post above. it should say " After a particularly bad run on a long weekend in Plymouth, brim 2 brim came back at 29mpg. Now I cannot get the distance to empty above 470miles on the petrol guzzler, my brim 2brim varies between 34 and 37 mpg"

·
Super Moderator
2,704 Posts
The woeful mpg on the 1.5 auto was the reason that I went for a Diesel. I was fortunate enough to speak to a 1.5 owner two days before I placed my order and she was getting 19mpg if she 'pushed it' around town.

·
I am Batman!
Kuga ST - Manual 6 Speed - 200PS+ Petrol.
682 Posts
She must have a heavy right foot! I manage 33mpg only around town too but mine is a manual.

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
7,742 Posts
She must have a heavy right foot! I manage 33mpg only around town too but mine is a manual.
I think you are possibly the only member who gets that sort of mpg from the mk2 petrol even with a manual gearbox. Could be your map.

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
3,764 Posts
It’s not only the kuga.
Eons ago, (2018) we bought a new VW Tiguan 1.5 4wd DSG. Around town it was poor on mpg and woefully dull for acceleration. Motorway gave a respectful 44 ish and unless you were in the wrong gear / sports mode it then got wound up speed wise but of course that effect the overall mpg.

Wrong engine by Ford. As Murcod says from down under the 2ltr is a better choice. I wonder what the mpg for that is compared to the 1.5. (Any answers from non brexit riddled vanquished nations please use MPG conversion from litres. Lol

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
1,160 Posts
I’m lucky to get 22mpg👍

·
7,742 Posts
It’s not only the kuga.
Eons ago, (2018) we bought a new VW Tiguan 1.5 4wd DSG. Around town it was poor on mpg and woefully dull for acceleration. Motorway gave a respectful 44 ish and unless you were in the wrong gear / sports mode it then got wound up speed wise but of course that effect the overall mpg.

Wrong engine by Ford. As Murcod says from down under the 2ltr is a better choice. I wonder what the mpg for that is compared to the 1.5. (Any answers from non brexit riddled vanquished nations please use MPG conversion from litres. Lol
I think the 2 litre petrol is still a little thirsty looking at the USA forum but they get short measures on their gallons compared to ours. I would still buy one though if we had it.

The problem with a 2 litre petrol as a whole is they get hammered on CO2 emissions. It's quite ironic that our government made it more favourable to buy a diesel back in 2001 and never really changed it. First thing I used to look for when buying used was how much the vehicle excise duty was. A girl I worked with got a shock when she bought an RX-8 and it was £400 to tax it.

Perhaps basing VED and company car tax on CO2 emissions was a bad idea.

·
I am Batman!
682 Posts
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Gauge Automotive design

The mpg has dropped slightly when the Mrs drives it as she used to her diesel Ecosport but still manages above 32 even driving normally. The remap helps as boosts lower down torque enabling earlier gear changes like a diesel.

·
7,742 Posts
The mpg has dropped slightly when the Mrs drives it as she used to her diesel Ecosport but still manages above 32 even driving normally. The remap helps as boosts lower down torque enabling earlier gear changes like a diesel.
I didn't disbelieve you but it is unusual for the petrol mpg to be that high. Your instant consumption is showing 0.6 gallons per hour. My diesel shows 0.2 on tickover.

·
Registered
429 Posts
This month I have managed 34 mpg based on brim to brim calculations.Worst fillup was 29.2 mpg, best 35.6 mpg. Most journeys are on m23/m25 Sussex to Essex (55 motorway miles 20 standard roads depending on route taken) including queing at Dartford crossing and Brookstreet roundabout. Enjoying cruising at 65-70mph

Reactions: SiJY

·
Premium Member
Kuga ST Line X 1.5 Eco 180ps 6 Speed Auto AWD Magnetic
1,160 Posts
I didn't disbelieve you but it is unusual for the petrol mpg to be that high. Your instant consumption is showing 0.6 gallons per hour. My diesel shows 0.2 on tickover.
It's ticking over at 1250rpm but irrespective of that, that is a good mpg. I know mine is auto and AWD but I average around 21mpg around town, I've not done long trip for a while now so I guess it could be better.

·
7,742 Posts
It's ticking over at 1250rpm but irrespective of that, that is a good mpg. I know mine is auto and AWD but I average around 21mpg around town, I've not done long trip for a while now so I guess it could be better.
That's a good spot. It could be cold. I think I have seen mine at 0.3 gal/h when cold.

Reactions: davidoff

·
Registered
40 Posts
View attachment 8872

I get similar sort of mpg from mine as well but mine has also been remapped

Reactions: SiJY

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
3,764 Posts
I’ve done a brim to brim. Worst 42 best 45 gutted it’s so good. You petrol geezers, what ya like. Lol

·
I am Batman!
682 Posts
Oh yes I took a photo 1st thing this morning when I started the car so should have let it warm up first as it was at 7am. Normally it's 0.2 at tickover. Best mpg on a long trip was 44-45 mpg on a 2 hour journey. That was using Cruise Control at 65-70 mph though. Not bad for a petrol guzzler I guess.
Yeah I know....us petrolists have to stick together! LOL

·
Registered
125 Posts
I was getting between 47 and 49mpg but since I reset all adaptations it's drinking like a fish

·
Registered
57 Posts
In my 2018 1.5 Petrol manual we averaged 7.2 l/100km (39 MPG) and in my 2.0 Auto 6 speed Petrol we average 9.5 l/100km (29 MPG) out on the open road, no wind from ahead, doing 130 km/hr. In town, 1.5 averaged 8.5 l/100km (33 MPG), 2.0 12.5 l/100 km (22 MPG).
2.0 Way heavier on fuel, but performance much better, and a whole bunch quieter. Auto box also great. Could have been 8 speed to get rid of the big step from 5th to 6th when overtaking in a hurry.

281 - 300 of 336 Posts