Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
261 - 280 of 336 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
It was supposed to have had a full service in March when i bought it. When i get home will speak to Hendy see if they will look at it under warranty but i don't expect they will.
Sometimes a full service just means oil and filter. I would check to see if they changed the air and fuel filter.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #262 ·
Been suggesting this for a while now. A weeping washer, or solenoid valve got a bit of s**t in and not shut properly.
I know you have Mad Skiier and thank you for mentioning it.

It will be highlighted as a probable issue when I take the "Big Red Lemon" to the dealer when my holiday is outta the way.

·
Super Moderator
2,704 Posts
Have a good holiday mate.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #264 ·
Have a good holiday mate.
Well, I'll try!

It's hard to get excited though when the weather forecast for our destination is expected to be rain, rain, thunder & lightning, with a bit more rain thrown in for good measure.

Thought it would be a safe bet for half term as we've been to the same place at the same time of year in 2017 and it was perfect!
The weather turns nice again the day after we return! Typical eh?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Those temperatures look like your mpg figures ?? I sincerely hope you have a good holiday despite the forecast.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #266 ·
Those temperatures look like your mpg figures
LOL ?
It's not the temperature's that bother me as it's about right for me, it the bloody wet stuff I was hoping to leave behind.

First time abroad for a couple of years and I'm taking the **** weather with me.

·
Super Moderator
2,704 Posts
At least it's 25 degrees.

Coming back up the M4 yesterday it was a sweltering 8 degrees with 'biblical' rain so bloody hard that you could barely see the 'Adverse Driving (No **** Sherlock) Conditions' signs.

Around the Brynglas Tunnels the westbound HGVs were throwing the surface water into the middle eastbound lane.

Horrible driving conditions.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Well just a quick update. Before we left Wales yesterday i reset the MPG read out it has now decided ti do 41.2 on the way home very different to the 32 on the way up. All very strange. Riperoo don't worry about the weather we went to mid Wales last week weather forecast was for heavy rain all last week but as it turned out the weather was pretty good.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Mine around high 30's around town, mpg does suffer a bit pulling trailer.
But tomorrow having a trip to Ripperoo land, (Cumbria) so top gear, cruise up the M6, expect 42 - 43 ish.

I don't like to have it empty empty, so tend to fill every 420 - 430 mile per tank - 45 ltrs - 10 gallon in old money so about right. I find if I get the calculator out the dash computer is about 3% out. about right.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hi all,how often should you reset the MPG reed out on the dash,i reset mine when i bought it in march and the highest it got was around the 32 but when i reset before traveling back on Saturday at one point it got up to 42.2 but then settled around 41.Should you reset more often,and why should it change the read out just because off a reset.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hi all,how often should you reset the MPG reed out on the dash,i reset mine when i bought it in march and the highest it got was around the 32 but when i reset before traveling back on Saturday at one point it got up to 42.2 but then settled around 41.Should you reset more often,and why should it change the read out just because off a reset.
I reset every fuel refill.

·
Registered
269 Posts
oh right i do the trip but not the MPG i will get in the habit and see what happens. Thanks

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
If you want to see what your overall vehicle consumption is, go to the secret menu.
This is done by holding down the ok button and then pressing the start button without putting your foot on the brake to start the car.
This is the menu the service techs use and will show the overall consumption when you scroll through the various readings.
Resetting your fuel consumption every time you fill up won't change how much fuel your car uses overall, but will flag up if the fuel consumption has gone up sharply during this particular tank of fuel.

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
3,764 Posts
I’ve listed this before and it was questioned.
if you reset the trip and get a good run in and can get 42ish then it’ll stay like that.
and any follow in fill ups will be like wise. That’s what I find.
Fill up on a poor mpg readout and it’s hard to increase it.
Well that’s what I’ve find anyway.

·
Registered
894 Posts
if you reset the trip and get a good run in and can get 42ish then it’ll stay like that.
Reset it as often as you feel like it, or as often as you change your pattern of usage. If I want I can get a low 40s figure on my week's commute - but only by not resetting after a weekend tootle up an A road that probably gave me nearer 50. It's not a true reflection of either type of usage, it's an average...

Bottom line: it's a computer, it can only work with the information it's given. It doesn't have artificial intelligence, it will only ever take an average of everything you've done since the last reset. It doesn't magically 'know' (for instance) that you've come off the motorway and are now in town traffic, or that you're driving slower than usual because you have a fragile load

·
Super Moderator
919 Posts
Reset it as often as you feel like it, or as often as you change your pattern of usage. If I want I can get a low 40s figure on my week's commute - but only by not resetting after a weekend tootle up an A road that probably gave me nearer 50. It's not a true reflection of either type of usage, it's an average...

Bottom line: it's a computer, it can only work with the information it's given. It doesn't have artificial intelligence, it will only ever take an average of everything you've done since the last reset. It doesn't magically 'know' (for instance) that you've come off the motorway and are now in town traffic, or that you're driving slower than usual because you have a fragile load
Even worse... It's an "average of averages"...

·
Enjoying the VIN-YA-LEE
3,764 Posts
It’s just more thing to try and make help people obtain a comparison, there’s no right or wrong in it.
It works for me that’s all.
I’m happy with the mpg but others wonder why there’s differ so much.

FYI. I filled up today. Reset the all data trips and we drove to Ripon from the centre of the universe and home of the sensational international professional Yorkshire women, Jane McDonald.

42 miles each way, mostly cruise control 70 on A1 and a small amount of B roads into Ripon and some shuffling about for parking.

Back home and trip showed 46 mpg and approx 507 to the tank. I know it’ll drop when pottering.

I know that if I’d have left it at the shown 39mpg it wouldn’t have gone up that much from experience.

Just key thoughts anyway.

·
Mr. Happy
Kuga 2ltr AWD Titanium X, Midnight Sky.
2,041 Posts
FYI. I filled up today. Reset the all data trips and we drove to Ripon from the centre of the universe and home of the sensational international professional Yorkshire women, Jane McDonald.
I definitely think you got a thing for The Sensational International professional Yorkshire woman, Jane Maceedee McDonald matey ;)

·
Registered
429 Posts
I had a pfficularly bad run on a long weekend in Plymouth. Brim2brim came back as 29.9. Can't get the distance to empty above 470 miles on the petrol guzzler. Brim2brim showing 3y-3.

Anybody know if you can reset the mpg in hidden menu?

261 - 280 of 336 Posts