Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just spent all afternoon transfering music from my laptop to disc as MP3 files only to find my Sony Dab stereo wouldn't play any of them. Does anyone have any idea why?

·
Registered
731 Posts
Hi Cuba,
Sorry to hear you are having trouble, I think this particular problem is mentioned in the Owners Handbook, the Sony unit will not play some types of 'burned' discs if not all types of them. After I read this I didn't bother with the discs I just got a MP3 player instead. I don't actually know why it won't play them though, I'm sorry I cant help you any further.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think it was a problem with my laptop cd writer. I've copied another disc on my desktop and it plays fine. Thanks anyway KC

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I now use MP3 CD's in my 7 inch touch screen audio unit most of the time. I have an ipod, but nearly always always forget to put it in the car after using it, so the disks are a good backup source!

I don't have any problems with playing burned disks, and if you haven't heard of Radiotracker I can really recommend it. I have legally made a library of thousands of tracks on about 20 or 30 CD-R's, all themed by genres using this product. It automatically downloads 3 internet radio stations (more if you buy the premium version) and arranges them for you with album artwork and lyrics (if broadcast) and saves them in a temporary archive. I usually set this up before I sleep so that next day in the morning I have hundreds of new tracks that the program will help you organise and burn and keep in the car. Love it!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I havn't got an ipod and because our Kuga was already made we couldn't have the ipod control option put on the car. I don't like the idea of having to control the ipod independently.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Cuba said:
I havn't got an ipod and because our Kuga was already made we couldn't have the ipod control option put on the car. I don't like the idea of having to control the ipod independently.

I agree, controlling it from the ipod is not best. Am I right in saying that all Kuga's are fitted with mp3 player connection though. I thought aux connector was on them all??? Would be grateful of confirmation though?
Edited by: the undertaker

·
Registered
731 Posts
Yes I think they are all fitted with AUX, pretty much standard on most cars these days.The plug is found inside the arm rest there's even space for your MP3 player! I use mine loads but agree controlling the sound, volume etc from it isn't very good at all, would have been better controlling it through the Sony unit.The line I use is quite long though so I am able to hold the device and the steering wheel/gear lever when need to changethings.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
173 Posts
KugaCat said:
The line I use is quite long though so I am able to hold the device and the steering wheel/gear lever when need to changethings.

Is this at the same time as eating a sandwich and making a phone call on your mobile?..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, your right it is the same as using your mobile. Unless your a "highly trained" police officer who can legally drive at incredible speeds whilst looking at a tv screen and operating various electronic devices, you should be carefull1

·
Registered
731 Posts
OK guys, very funny!!! I'm talented but not that talented,just kidding! I may not have worded that very well.... my MP3 is only about 3 inches by 2 cm so very small fits in the palm of my hand. I wouldn't dream of eating, drinking, using a mobile etc, my driving licence and my Kuga are far too precious!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't worry Kcat i was having a swipe at our wounderfull law enforcement drivers! Anyone in their right mind would put safety first.

·
Registered
106 Posts
hi cuba...ive just noticed a really strange thing on my mp3 player...i had the usb fitted when i bought the car so i could dock my mp3 player easily...my mp3 player plays mp3s and wma formats...but soon as i hook it up to my sony in the kuga it doesnt recognise the wma formats and doesnt even display them....perhaps this is the same reason it will not play your music cuba.....sorry about the long winded reply

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mine is fine now, it was my cd writer in my laptop, i don't think it burned as deep as my desktop.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts