Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have recently picked up my kuga happy days but seam to have a problem with my i pod i paid extra to have the usb/ipod connection in the kuga i have the 6cd/dab sony sterio but seems to have a problem with it works for about 30 mins then says on the the sterio the the ipod is not com patable then have to turn sterio of then off again and was wondering if anybody else has had this problem ipod is up to date with the software updates

·
Registered
295 Posts
Like I also already stated in your other (first or second) post: Please use punctuation marks cause this really makes it difficult to read (especially when english is not your native language).

Thank you and once again: welcome

Edited by: mouse1277

·
Registered
295 Posts
I give everyone a break but the use of punctuation marks is quite normal (and most of the times standard in forum rules)

Just good advise (and friendly asked) so that everyone can understand and this even helps him to get better answers and more help.

At the end: everybody happy
!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok sorry does anybody know anything about the ipod/mp3 connection cable for the kuga as had it instaled factory fit but keeps comeing up with ipod not surported after 10 mins any help

·
Registered
295 Posts
have you already used search cause in the past i saw many subject about this and maybe your problem also came around but not sure cause i don't have this system cause i installed one other myself that i described in other topic but don't know if you read and if this helps but could be or someone else knows a better solution or is your questions not clear for everybody but i better stop cause my sentences are getting to long and maybe not readable anymore and good luck with finding solution here somewhere or from someone
Edited by: mouse1277

·
Registered
108 Posts
LOL :)

BTW, I am with you regarding use of capitals, punctuation, etc. Good to see someone keeping up the standards here!

[crawls away to hide from flames]

·
Registered
14 Posts
hi all, first post on here...

I to have this same problem

Had my Kuga titanium for about 3 weeks now and the iPod has never worked properly in it, yes i do have the USB factory fitted and i'm using fords own USB / 3.5mm to dock connector 'Y' lead.

stereo - sony single CD with DAB, Bluetooth, USB & voice control

It seems to happen very intermitantly, sometimes it'll disconnect every3-5mins and others it will play no probs for an hour.
there really seems to be no logical reason as to why it keeps disconnecting?

I've tried a handful of iPods with the system, all giving me the same problem.

I'm sure I've read somewhere that the sony unit doesnt like being connected toa phones bluetooth (for calls, not music) aswell as a USB device at the same time, I've no idea if this rumour is true or not???

when the problem occurs the unit says "iPod disconnected" and there is no sound, it will stay like thatuntili try to skip a track etc. then it reads "no iPod connected"

the car has been into the main dealer today, they've had it nearly 8 hours and have found no faults with the system at all.
most annoying thing is is that I cant make the fault happen and i know as soon as I leave work tonight, within 5 miles I'll get the same message up on the screen.

one other thing,
i have an iPhone 3G which i use as a phone in the car connected via bluetooth (this is never connected to the USB, i have aseparateiPod for music in the car).
is it possible to switch off the bluetooth audio option either from the iPhone or the unit because as soon as I get into the car the iPhone starts playing music to the unit, I cant hear it unless i switch the unit to "BT audio" but its still very annoying and killing the battery on the iPhone

any info on the above would be much appreciated

and again, hi all, nice forum you have in here!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts