Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

101 - 120 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well I have been lurking on the forums for a few weeks now, just ordered a 2.0 Kuga Titanium X Auto for delivery next March on Motability scheme.
Currently driving a Peugeot 3008 but this will only be the 2nd Ford that I have had since 1977.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Well I have been lurking on the forums for a few weeks now, just ordered a 2.0 Kuga Titanium X Auto for delivery next March on Motability scheme.
Currently driving a Peugeot 3008 but this will only be the 2nd Ford that I have had since 1977.

Welcome Ian.

Same here, I picked up my Motability Titanium X Auto in August. Absolutely loving it especially all the extra room for my walking aids and the flat boot floor.

What colour did you go for?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi Nigel I went for Frozen White, good job I checked everything with dealer as he nearly ordered wrong car came up as a 1.5 kuga and I said thats not right its a 2.0.
He then went into it a bit more and he had put the wrong vehicle i.d. in.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Nice, I went for Chrome Blue as I won't be spending every weekend washing it!

4000 miles so far not a hint of a problem and VERY comfy.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I got mine this summer too. I can't help feeling that the salesmen must be on a bonus if they shift a 1.5 as I was pushed hard towards the 1.5 AWD. I really appreciate the X extras especially the rear camera and heated leather. Just a pity that the AWD is a bit heavier on fuel than my old Mondeo.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi BobinBrum was the rear camera included with your car or did you have to pay extra, I,ve had to pay £300 for a rear camera and was told it would have to be a factory order rather than a stock vehicle.
As far as I can see the 1.5 is only available in petrol now as I remember reading about members of the forum waiting longer for car to be released as Ford sent 2.0 and salesman had ordered 1.5 diesel and Motability would not authorise them.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
I was one of those who had to wait!

I ordered a 1.5 Diesel (now discontinued) and Ford changed production to the 120PS 2,0 Diesel.

Motability and Ford then spent three weeks (while my car was sitting in the dealer's compound) 'arguing the toss' about payments and the correct code.

The dealer's hands were tied (he used to call me every two days and was brilliant TBH in the circumstances) but Ford's dedicated Motability Unit in Daventry was excellent eventually getting me a 'one-off' VTN (Vehicle Type Number) from Motability enabling the dealer to release the car. It then went onto the scheme as a 'standard' offering with the same VTN on 1st October.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Ian, I had the camera as an extra. I wish I'd gone for the full park assist just for the factory front sensors. Mine had to be a factory order as I wanted a towbar but from the sound of it there's no real delay compared to ordering a stock car.

·
Registered
49 Posts
well we ordered ours in sept was ready to pick up 3 days later but as things went south here for a while we pick it monday and the depo was reduiced by 50% not a bad result when you take into account the 500 quid give back.. :)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Queried the order the other day, as on Fords website it stated that they would put a free appearance pack on all motability orders between 1st Oct to 31st Dec.
And got a reply following day to say yes I was correct and they amended the order form and also added on Active city stop free of charge as well.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well I returned my Peugeot 3008 to dealer today he brought round my new Kuga , booked the old vehicle in then a manager came running out saying we have a problem.
They cant tax the Kuga because when I placed order in Dec I ordered a Titianium X automatic.
Turns out Ford have altered the spec and its now called Titianium X Edition which has a different vt number to what is on order form, so at the moment they have supplied a brand new demo Peugeot 3008 to enable us to get home while I wait for them to sort out the mess.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Here we go again.

If you read back over this thread it's exactly what happened to me when Ford changed the 2.0 litre Diesel to meet Euro 6.2 standards and the emissions changed.

My car sat in the dealer's compound for four weeks while the dealer (who was brilliant), Ford and Motability resolved the VTN problem.

Ford Motability in Daventry was good, Motability Customer Services was good but there were times when I felt like banging their heads together!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi NigelB yes I saw that and I cant fault the dealer either, they went out of there way to get us back into a car if not they were going to pay for a taxi to take us back home and arrange for taxi to pick us up in morning but I expect it was cheaper to put us into a new demo as we live 33 miles from dealer.
It seems to be Motability is the problem as even now they still have on there website Ford Kuga Titianium X and Ford Kuga Titianium X Edition the first one is no longer supplied, but it seems that no one has told them.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
When I had a very long chat with Motability it transpires that the issue was threefold.

Ford wanted to raise the prices for the 'new' models.
RSA had no details of the vehicles from Ford so were unable to insure them
Motability were playing 'hardball' with Ford.

The dedicated Motability unit at Ford was very helpful and was, like me, fed up with the 'pissing contest' that had developed.

In the end, as I understand it, Motability held out and Ford backed down rather than lose the sales of a very popular Motability model.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well had a call from dealer yesterday and he said it may be done Monday/Tuesday, but he did say that at the worst it could take 2 weeks.
Phoned up Motability and they confirmed that all the paperwork had been altered at there end and it was a case of the dealer and DVLA to sort out the registration and tax.
My son who is in the motor trade said that just putting different size wheels could be enough to put the car into a different tax band nd I know that this car now has 19" wheels instead of 18".

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Your son is spot on.

When Ford changed to the 120PS 2.0 Diesel to lower the emissions it moved the tax band but to complicate this Ford also wanted to raise the prices charged to Motability.

Motability held out and the total delay was a little over three weeks. That said, if Motability has already changed the paperwork at their end it should only be a couple of days.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well it has finally been delivered, dealer phoned me about 10am today to say they had managed to get it taxed and registered and he would be bringing it out to me at 1.30.
going to take a while for me to get used to all the controls and switches.

101 - 120 of 124 Posts