Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

81 - 100 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well still going at ford and Motibility and my titanium x will sit about a lot longer as told still not sorted. The car has sat about from the 6th July with no end in site. I have had a go after the one lot is now all go go go but mine is no no no. I am getting about to say no I will get a car from somewhere else as this has not got silly. My hire car goes tomorrow and my car comes back but I cannot get chair in as lift has packed up and garage said not down to them. So now in the soft stuff again. I may just go get a cheep car and give up. Ford is a company that does not care as long as they get money. If I stay with this new car think I will get it September October ish. I donot blame the garage or Motibility but ford for not saying my car will not be the one I ordered and why send a car I cannot have well done ford. Sorry to go on but I am fed up with all this.

·
Super Moderator
1,922 Posts
Sorry, but I cannot agree; Ford Motability have been exceptionally helpful when I called them.

They promised to call back three times and did so each time with updates which moved the process on to the resolution. Without exception, they were courteous and empathetic, clearly explaining why there was a delay and what was being done to resolve the issue. Can't fault them.

Edited by: NigelB

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well I am so happy for you that you now will have your car. I just cannot not get any info about when mine will be sorted and they will not give me info why they did not fill my order as it was ordered before they stopped making that caralso why I was not told the car had changed. That's why not happy in part. Should of had call backs last night but didnot and that's not the first time to. I have been on the phone from the day I was told the car was not getting delivered and all I get from ford is middle to end of August but this is only a date and may not be the date your car will be free to have them I get it's the neX-ray two weeks then next to weeks. So now you se getting fed up with it all. Well I am well happy for all of you that now have your new cars and I hope you have many happy days in them and safe driving to you all. I will let you know if and when I get my car but now looking at September I think that will be 8 ish week from when it was sent to the garage hope brakes not locked on as sitting at where lift is to be fitted one day. Thank to for you help and info on this got to wait for a date to to have lift fitted after I get told can have the car so that why so long to. Safe driving to you all.

·
Super Moderator
1,922 Posts
I would suggest that you get your dealer to call the Ford Motability support line (no the general dealer support line).

They have the details of the new VTN that Motability needs. The dealer then needs to call Motability with the new VTN as a 'change order' (the revised VTN cannot be input manually on their systems). Motability will then want 24 hours then to update the systems and 'accept' the order.

The work though is down to your dealer Motability will (and actually can) do nothing until the change order is submitted to them and the dealer needs to sort the new VTN. Ford Motability can do nothing to change the order, this is down to your dealer.

If however, your relationship with your dealer is as 'sour' as reading your posts implies then they may simply let it ride to a natural conclusion and make you wait. People deal with people after all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just picked my Kuga up from the dealers, I am glad you got yours sorted Nigel, and hope A12dex gets theirs sorted soon, so happy with mine though its going to take a little bit of time getting used to it as it feels twice the size of my old scenic and I've already tried changing gears looking for the clutch a few times with giggles from the kids as I am wafting my hand around like an idiot, well hope everyone has fun in their new cars see ya soonies :)

·
Super Moderator
1,922 Posts
Cheers.

Just driven home and now that my bum has stopped twitching (as it always does in a new car) I shall spend the evening moving my stuff in and setting things up.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just ordered our 3rd Kuga and they said it`s waiting and ready for monday ecky too quick that`s TCH for you.. now the fun begins towbar removal and refitting on new one.

·
Super Moderator
1,922 Posts
Blimey, did you leave the order until the last minute as, given the normal 12-14 week delay, you need to order almost the moment that you get the renewal letter from Motability.

Mine sat in the compound for two weeks before the previous lease expiry date and then Ford and Motability had a dispute about the correct Vehicle Type Code.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Soooo was meant to be picking up my new kuga st line x tomorrow from Evan Halshaw and got a call today to say the wrong one has been ordered, and they have a titanium instead and will take an extra 2 months to get the correct one delivered!

Spoke to the manager and asked what are you going to do to help sort this issue i.e they could give me a courtesy car of equal standard and help towards the AP as a good Will gesture and wa sjust informed nope we won’t do that, absolutely terrible service from them! Has litterally left me up the preveribal creek without a paddle!

·
Super Moderator
1,922 Posts
Is this your first Motability car?

If not, then Motability will simply extend the lease term on your current vehicle with a single phone call.

·
Registered
55 Posts
If it was me I'd be straight round to the local Mazda dealer to see what they have readily available. I was mightily impressed with the CX5 when I was looking around and it was a tough choice between that and the Kuga.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Looking at the seat ateca xcellence lux now and the Peugeot 3008 gt line however they’re both jan delivery times pffft

·
Super Moderator
1,922 Posts
Looking at the seat ateca xcellence lux now and the Peugeot 3008 gt line however they’re both jan delivery times pffft

On Monday, give Ford's dedicated Motability helpline in Daventry a call.

Tell them what has happened and ask if they can locate 'your' car in dealer stock somewhere.

0345 604 0019

·
Registered
30 Posts
On Monday, give Ford's dedicated Motability helpline in Daventry a call.

Tell them what has happened and ask if they can locate 'your' car in dealer stock somewhere.

0345 604 0019
Cheers Nigel will get onto them first thing and let you know how I get on!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Soooo was meant to be picking up my new kuga st line x tomorrow from Evan Halshaw and got a call today to say the wrong one has been ordered, and they have a titanium instead and will take an extra 2 months to get the correct one delivered!

Spoke to the manager and asked what are you going to do to help sort this issue i.e they could give me a courtesy car of equal standard and help towards the AP as a good Will gesture and wa sjust informed nope we won’t do that, absolutely terrible service from them! Has litterally left me up the preveribal creek without a paddle!
which engine did you order, if it was a petrol, I would agree have a look at the petrol Mazda CX5, there are no diesels on the scheme at present. The BMW X1 diesel is about 10mpg better than the Kuga diesel and 2.0 petrol about the same.

Alternatively take them up on their offer, but be firm.

·
Registered
30 Posts
which engine did you order, if it was a petrol, I would agree have a look at the petrol Mazda CX5, there are no diesels on the scheme at present. The BMW X1 diesel is about 10mpg better than the Kuga diesel and 2.0 petrol about the same.

Alternatively take them up on their offer, but be firm.
The only thing they’ve offered is to reorder the car which is a bit of a joke I’ve asked for the rest and plan on standing firm by it. If I was purschaing the car outright they’d be signing a different tune. So gonna see what they say tomorrrow and hopefully had a solution to the problem.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sorry yeah it was the auto petrol but since they’re reordering it opting for the diesel I think if I don’t change completely

81 - 100 of 124 Posts