Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious what combinations of Scheme Kugas are out there.

Colour, Trim, Options


Kuga my next choice as the new Focus boot is smaller compared to the MK2.


Any wheelchair users how does the boot fit for size. Realising of course each individual is different
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
will be collecting a titanium x in magnetic about the end of September
appearance, and convenience packs fitted - which give me front and rear parking sensors and park assist

its a powershift 4x4/awd with the 2,0 tdci engine ( a 180 )

- already all over the forum for info - so keep it coming

can't wait to get the call from the dealer to say its ready !!

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,063 Posts
grjstaples said:
will be collecting a titanium x in magnetic about the end of September
appearance, and convenience packs fitted - which give me front and rear parking sensors and park assist

its a powershift 4x4/awd with the 2,0 tdci engine ( a 180 )

- already all over the forum for info - so keep it coming

can't wait to get the call from the dealer to say its ready !!


Welcome to the site, great choice of spec & colour! I've got the manual at the moment but last week ordered a Powershift. With delivery at the end of next month I'm assuming you ordered yours around May/June?

Also, it's been pointed out on here that those ordering through Motability only pay the difference between the cost of the rear sensors and the convenience pack, £275. Some dealers know this, some don't and some dealers may try it on and get the full £550. I just thought I'd point it out in case you've been charged the full amount.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
491 Posts
grjstaples said:
[DIV
Up to now a Titanium X AWD 2.0 TDCi Powershift was not available on Motability. They must have added it recently.

will be collecting a titanium x in magnetic about the end of September
appearance, and convenience packs fitted - which give me front and rear parking sensors and park assist

its a powershift 4x4/awd with the 2,0 tdci engine ( a 180 )

- already all over the forum for info - so keep it coming

can't wait to get the call from the dealer to say its ready !!

Edited by: ChrisC600
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jumborat said:
Welcome to the site, great choice of spec & colour! I've got the manual at the moment but last week ordered a Powershift. With delivery at the end of next month I'm assuming you ordered yours around May/June?

Also, it's been pointed out on here that those ordering through Motability only pay the difference between the cost of the rear sensors and the convenience pack, £275. Some dealers know this, some don't and some dealers may try it on and get the full £550. I just thought I'd point it out in case you've been charged the full amount.


Ahh interesting thanks for the tip. Now Tiger Eye or Ruby Red hmmmm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
210 Posts
Also, it's been pointed out on here that those ordering through Motability only pay the difference between the cost of the rear sensors and the convenience pack, £275. Some dealers know this, some don't and some dealers may try it on and get the full £550. I just thought I'd point it out in case you've been charged the full amount.

Hi jumborat,

This part of your post was news to me .....
Is there anywhere in black and white that backs this up ?
I am curious and don't doubt what you're saying but I haven't read anything else about this ( I've probably missed it though knowing me ! ).
I've looked on the Ford Motability site and can find no reference to it .

Thanks
Nobby.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
491 Posts
What jumborat is saying is spot on, the rear sensors are free on Motability, so if you order the convenience pack the dealer is only charged £275 (less their discount) so you should only be charged £275 not £550. Edited by: ChrisC600
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
Hi will chase the dealer tomorrow re the cost of the pack as i was charged the full 550.

Could not get my first choice as did not see the point of paying more for the ruby red when the magnetic is free.

As to the order date it was July 27th this year and i was quoted 30 sept for delivery - fully expect that to be missed though as i have seen 5he thread regarding delivery on here.

I will report back when it turns up so you get to see how long it takes



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
491 Posts
grjstaples said:
Hi will chase the dealer tomorrow re the cost of the pack as i was charged the full 550.

Could not get my first choice as did not see the point of paying more for the ruby red when the magnetic is free.

As to the order date it was July 27th this year and i was quoted 30 sept for delivery - fully expect that to be missed though as i have seen 5he thread regarding delivery on here.

I will report back when it turns up so you get to see how long it takes

I know this is correct as I have a relative who is a Motability salesperson. If your dealer is charging you £550 for the convenience pack they are ripping you off in order to make a extra £275 profit.
Edited by: ChrisC600
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
172 Posts
Think that mine may be worse than that checking the order has revealed that they have added on the charge for rear oarking sensors too and not minused it off as they are free and then charges 550 for the convenience pack on top they have remembered to temove the appearance pack cost as part of motability allowance. So it appears i am worse off by £550 - almost tempted to wait untill i collect and then bring it up - love to see their faces as i refuse to pay for it unless they sort out the bill AFTER the mobility stuff is all fitted
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,063 Posts
Nobby1963 said:
Also, it's been pointed out on here that those ordering through Motability only pay the difference between the cost of the rear sensors and the convenience pack, £275. Some dealers know this, some don't and some dealers may try it on and get the full £550. I just thought I'd point it out in case you've been charged the full amount.

Hi jumborat,

This part of your post was news to me .....
Is there anywhere in black and white that backs this up ?
I am curious and don't doubt what you're saying but I haven't read anything else about this ( I've probably missed it though knowing me ! ).
I've looked on the Ford Motability site and can find no reference to it .

Thanks
Nobby.
You'd think that dealers would promote this as it may tempt more people to add the pack and earn them a bit more money. Some may be put off by the thought of paying £550 when they already get one part of the pack included.

I had a C-Max before the Kuga and bumped into an old workmate who was now the carer for his dad. They were thinking of having a C-Max on Motability but had seen that the power fold mirrors that mine had were part of the City Pack (rear sensors & folding mirrors) at £275. Understandably, they didn't fancy paying £275 when they were getting the £225 rear sensors anyway so I suggested they ask the dealer if the could pay they £50 difference. He said it was no problem doing that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,063 Posts
grjstaples said:
Think that mine may be worse than that checking the order has revealed that they have added on the charge for rear oarking sensors too and not minused it off as they are free and then charges 550 for the convenience pack on top they have remembered to temove the appearance pack cost as part of motability allowance. So it appears i am worse off by £550 - almost tempted to wait untill i collect and then bring it up - love to see their faces as i refuse to pay for it unless they sort out the bill AFTER the mobility stuff is all fitted
That doesn't sound good at all. I don't know how the ordering on Motability works but I'd have thought that the system would automatically deduct the charges for extras that are included.

I can remember that my mates dad mentioned in the post above thought his paperwork from Motability was wrong as it only showed the upfront cost and didn't show the extra £50 for the folding mirrors that was on his Ford paperwork. He was told this was correct as the payment for any extras goes straight to the dealer.

It's probably no help to you though as it sounds like the dealer has messed up your order.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
491 Posts
jumborat said:
grjstaples said:
Think that mine may be worse than that checking the order has revealed that they have added on the charge for rear oarking sensors too and not minused it off as they are free and then charges 550 for the convenience pack on top they have remembered to temove the appearance pack cost as part of motability allowance. So it appears i am worse off by £550 - almost tempted to wait untill i collect and then bring it up - love to see their faces as i refuse to pay for it unless they sort out the bill AFTER the mobility stuff is all fitted
That doesn't sound good at all. I don't know how the ordering on Motability works but I'd have thought that the system would automatically deduct the charges for extras that are included.

I can remember that my mates dad mentioned in the post above thought his paperwork from Motability was wrong as it only showed the upfront cost and didn't show the extra £50 for the folding mirrors that was on his Ford paperwork. He was told this was correct as the payment for any extras goes straight to the dealer.

It's probably no help to you though as it sounds like the dealer has messed up your order.
Motability only pay the dealer for the car, any extras are invoiced to the customer separately by the dealer. This is how if the customer doesn't know that the convenience pack is only invoiced to the dealer at £275 an unscrupulous dealer can make an extra £275 profit, in fact it's more than that as the cost price to the dealer is only around £225.Edited by: ChrisC600
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9 Posts
Paulyoung is right - if in doubt contact Motability customer service - they are brilliant.
The other thing to watch out for with some dealers is that they try and get you to pay a deposit when you order the car - that is against Motability policy!!


I had a mechanical problem with my 3 month old Kuga earlier this year - Motability gave the dealer two weeks to sort it and when they didn't they rejected the car and allowed me to place a new order with another dealer. I could have gone for another marque but was so impressed with the Kuga (apart from the problem- which wasn't dealt with well by the dealer) I bought another one - picked it up last Friday.

The new dealer has been really good - ThinkFord at Wokingham - and kept me fully informed throughout the build process etc. It is the same old story - some dealers are really good and some are rubbish.

If you have a problem with a dealer keep a record of all phone calls etc and confirm conversations by email - it will help if things go pear shaped later.

Good Luck
 
1 - 20 of 124 Posts
Top