·
Mr. Happy
Kuga 2ltr AWD Titanium X, Midnight Sky.
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday MOT and yep failed.

Bloody N/S/F spring broken.

£211 including MOT.

It's never just £40.00 for MOT and seeya next year, is it?

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
6,706 Posts
Hope you checked it's been replaced. Same with the wife's car this year. I checked ours has been done.

Reactions: Happyarry

·
Registered
34 Posts
Most MOT failures are simple things, usually as a result of lack of maintenance and neglect
Its typically brake pads/discs worn, tyres and bulbs - all things that should be checked regularly and wouldn't cause an MOT failure with a well maintained car.
Granted a spring isnt part of routine maintenance but it still endures wear and tear so wont last forever.

I tend to do all the serviceable items and checks on my MK4 Mondeo a few weeks before it goes in for the MOT and it rarely fails nowadays despite being a 12 year old car.

·
Mr. Happy
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My car never goes up or down kerbs or off road.
The roads in the UK are absolutely crap and the pot holes take forever to get repaired.
Shame we cant send the local council the bill for these springs were breaking.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Happyarry, you can try to sue the council, but I'd bet my last pound you would not win, I've heard of people trying and got nowhere, I forget what the percentage is of MOT failures are due to suspension faults but do know it's up massively since the roads stopped being repaired, with the amount of tax we pay for the use of our vehicles we should be driving on solid gold roads, sorry for ranting :mad:

·
Mr. Happy
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cookieman....................The roads could be so much better if they was to actually did some work on the council.

When ever you see the council worker's they are either in the café or on a break.

I cant understand why they cant do road works of a night when were all in bed, less road work jams for sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts