Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please please please, can somebody help I have a water leak into the passenger side that I have tried everything to try and locate its entry source.

I have tried sealing inside of the scuttle panel in the corner and still it’s leaking

I’ve attached a picture of where it’s leaking, but it’s on the passenger side through the gap there.

When I run the hose down the roof on the passenger windscreen side towards the scuttle that is when it tends to leak.

I can see it slowly dripping through that entry point.

Any ideas….

·
Mr Modification
Ford Kuga MK2 16/12/2014 Titanium X Sport AWD 2.0TDCI 182PS 400Nm (T8MA) Manual Sync1
583 Posts
Please update your profile / signature with car information. Will be easier to identify what car / version you have.

As I seen you have MK1 so in this place is the most possible water leak from:

1. faulty roof rails sealing

2. worn windshield sealing.

3. Body panels has lack of sealant

In all cases repairs are simply. Factory used not enough "glue" so disassembly and add more sealant.
Wide range products could be used, one of the best will be: polyurethane car sealant.

Only windshield I would let someone to do it. Some people just sealed glass row around without removal, but then water dripping constantly from roof and annoying.

Is your car still on warranty?

·
Registered
Kuga titanium x 4x4 mk1 2012
74 Posts
It could be a drain plug blocked under the bonnet at the back. You need to find them and remove them. Some times the rubber gets gummy and sticks together. Remove and replace or just remove.

·
Mr Modification
Ford Kuga MK2 16/12/2014 Titanium X Sport AWD 2.0TDCI 182PS 400Nm (T8MA) Manual Sync1
583 Posts
Take roof rails off and add some sealant around bolts and rails mounting.
In my MK1 2009 it was the only issue caused water leaks.
Factory applied some, but not enough and in wrong place 😕

Reactions: Mobileman79

·
Registered
175 Posts
Another +1 for the roof rail mounts. Someone did a great diagram on here showing the issue and how they resolved it, but I'm not sure on which of the (hundreds of?) leak threads it would be!

·
Super Moderator and Mr Grumpy
6,827 Posts
Someone did a great diagram on here showing the issue and how they resolved it, but I'm not sure on which of the (hundreds of?) leak threads it would be!
I think that was @Martin1977 but not 100%

It could have had a windscreen at some point.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts