Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. new mk3 phev in solar on order since April 2022. I d like to know how people are finding the new usb locations in dash. I love my mk2 and the usb’s in centre console bin. I have a brodit phone holder and a small (physical) sandisk ssd music drive Which is cable attached to the usb. Wondering how I’d adapt to having all this stuff shoved onto what looks like a tiny shelf in the dash and where the phone and my music disk will go sliding around on taking the first bend. obviously this a very minor issue and can easily be adopted to. Just wanted to gather thoughts and if anyone has managed to do a relocation to the centre console or some other location in a tidy manner. Brodit mounts for the mk3 seem confined to vent mounts which are useless.
cheers

·
Super Moderator
3,083 Posts
Compared to the Mk.2 they are a PITA.

There is though a workaround, I got a couple of appropriate 4m long USB cables and routed them from the USB outlets on the rear of the centre console, under the rear carpet and then via the door trim (which has loads of room behind) to the dash. One powers my dashcam, the other my TomTom Premium (which has more current maps and the safety camera database is updated weekly).

This leaves the 12v and the two centre console USBs free for my phone charger and 64GB USB with my music on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Compared to the Mk.2 they are a PITA.

There is though a workaround, I got a couple of appropriate 4m long USB cables and routed them from the USB outlets on the rear of the centre console, under the rear carpet and then via the door trim (which has loads of room behind) to the dash. One powers my dashcam, the other my TomTom Premium (which has more current maps and the safety camera database is updated weekly).

This leaves the 12v and the two centre console USBs free for my phone charger and 64GB USB with my music on.
cheers yes that’s the next drama dashcam power that will be probably be a hardwired kit for me just like the mk2
I’m guessing you‘ve basically got usb 5volt power but no data on those rear usb’s. which as you say is a PITA. It would have better if Ford had enabled wireless car play so at least you could have used power from elsewhere without having cables dragging and the phone going for a ride when driving over every bump and corner. but that would have too much of a jump for Ford. not a deal breaker just less convenent just like not having the memory driver seat on the st line-x. Guess that’s the only way to sell the overpriced vignale.

·
Super Moderator
3,083 Posts
Plus the Vignale is the only one with full leather. Not even an option on the other variants.

·
Registered
423 Posts
In some ways the vignale is a downgrade from the ST line X. You lose the sunroof and the uprated suspension, and the sportier exterior is swapped for a toned down body kit. (I know this might be a perk for some).
Also, alacantara is much nicer than leather in my opinion (I hated leather seats in my previous car). I just wish the ST Line X had memory seats.

·
Super Moderator
3,083 Posts
You definitely need the sunroof as the st Line X is like a tomb without letting some light in. I am still getting used to my Alcantara seats as I found the full leather in my Titanium X very comfortable but ruddy hot in the summer (wish we had the ventilated seats they get on the Escape).

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
In some ways the vignale is a downgrade from the ST line X. You lose the sunroof and the uprated suspension, and the sportier exterior is swapped for a toned down body kit. (I know this might be a perk for some).
Also, alacantara is much nicer than leather in my opinion (I hated leather seats in my previous car). I just wish the ST Line X had memory seats.
Hardly a downgrade more a different set of priorities

1 - 7 of 7 Posts