Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
Mk3 Titainium 1st Ed, Lucid Red 1.5 Diesel
515 Posts
Is that Latin you’ve just written?

I know I’m thick but blimey!
😂. It’s the difference between objective and subjective. One is based on facts (that can be supported by evidence and third party’s) whereas the other is based on opinion that we both know can often be wrong but accepted as fact(s) without supporting evidence, investigation or foundation.

·
Registered
On order Ford kuga Mk3 ST line x 1.5 ecoboost petrol
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Have a look into GHOST ALARMS ...... not cheap but they do the job and your car will be there when you get back to it unless they lift it.
Hopefully taking delivery of my kuga in 2 weeks. Getting it booked in for a GHOST fitting. Some thieving knob stole my current car on Monday night so not taking any chances anymore going to pay the premium to get it done!

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I’m sure plenty would like to hear how the fitting goes of the Ghost Alarm. 👍
95% certain I’m going to get booked in with them. Just seeing if there are any other companies that do something similar and just comparing cost and reputations etc

·
Registered
2021 ST Line PHEV Solar Silver
82 Posts
I had the Ghost fitted on my last 2 Discovery 4/5 , no issues and the only thing I couldn’t do on the D5 was remote start from the app .
The D4 had a fuel burning heater that was separate from engine start so that was ok .
Does the remote start on the Kuga start the engine or just battery heater ?

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am wondering if such immobilisers like Ghost are capable of SAFELY immobilizing of a PHEV or FHEV car?
Read somewhere, that these cars should be treated a bit differently.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Does the remote start on the Kuga start the engine or just battery heater ?
Both, depending on battery charge level and outside temperature.

Reactions: Lurcher

·
Registered
120 Posts
I use this on my Fiesta ST:

Stoplock Pro Elite

The steering wheel in the Kuga and the Fiesta ST is the same (bar the ST badge at the bottom mind) and this is what I will be using on my Kuga as well.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·

Stoplock Pro Elite

The steering wheel in the Kuga and the Fiesta ST is the same (bar the ST badge at the bottom mind) and this is what I will be using on my Kuga as well.
Yeah I was deciding between this and the disc lock. After having this one stolen thinking just spend the extra £50 to get it. Tho if I get the ghost guess might not need it

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yeah I was deciding between this and the disc lock. After having this one stolen thinking just spend the extra £50 to get it. Tho if I get the ghost guess might not need it
As someone who does IT Security on the side, if there's one thing I've learn't is that you can never put too many layers of security between yourself and a criminal.

Reactions: Gooding89

·
Registered
Mk3 Titainium 1st Ed, Lucid Red 1.5 Diesel
515 Posts
Do what I do, leave my Rottweiler on the passenger seat, it’s never been touched yet 🤣🤣🤣
Leaving the mother-in-law in the car is a better visual deterrent than any dog, Hi-Tec alarm, stop lock or disklock

·
Registered
2017 kuga 1.5 ST line
284 Posts
I was talking to a guy who fits the ghost system and he was telling me about a lad who had a fiesta ST and it had been stolen twice. The first time they found it with the bumpers missing so he got it back and repaired but the second time it had the doors taken off and left 2 miles from his house. He then had it fixed again and fitted the ghost alarm but they couldn't get the car away so they somehow got it off the drive and burnt it in the middle of the street ! He said the poor lad was gutted and now runs around in a old fiesta because he says they wont touch a old car as they are not worth anything in bits.

I felt gutted for the poor lad and i think he has a point about old cars getting left alone.

·
Registered
Mk3 Lucid Red, ST-Line X PHEV First Edition
135 Posts

Stoplock Pro Elite

Wonder if anyone has tried this on a PHEV? Not on compatibility list.

·
Registered
135 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Wonder if anyone has tried this on a PHEV? Not on compatibility list.
See my previous post, it's compatible as the Steering wheel is the same, there's no difference between PHEV, MHEV, Manual they're the same wheel.
I've got mine on right now.

·
Registered
135 Posts
See my previous post, it's compatible as the Steering wheel is the same, there's no difference between PHEV, MHEV, Manual they're the same wheel.
I've got mine on right now.
Thanks, wasn't sure if all steering wheels were the same.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts