Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
On order Ford kuga Mk3 ST line x 1.5 ecoboost petrol
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
Just wanted to ask peoples opinions on additional security purchases for the kuga. Mine is now built and en route to the UK and have been doing some research onto steering wheel locks, wheel clamps, Faraday boxes/ pouches etc.
Anyone had any use of locks/ wheel clamps that work best for the kuga.? also Faraday key pouches I had seen the Vonetti key case just wondered if anyone else had used any that were good/ not so good?
Thanks in advance

·
Mr. Forgetful
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD - Petrol - Auto
1,664 Posts
I think these are the most important nowadays, especially with Fords - another Focus disappeared from my area last week!

This is what I use:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think these are the most important nowadays, especially with Fords - another Focus disappeared from my area last week!

This is what I use:

Yeah I think it’s important to get one. How has the key pouch bit been? Some reviews said the box works great but the key pouch isn’t quite as good?

·
Registered
Mk3 Titainium 1st Ed, Lucid Red 1.5 Diesel
515 Posts
I use a Faraday case, excellent for protecting keys against relay theft, but offers no in-vehicle visible security deterrent value.

I also use a Stop Lock Pro steering wheel lock, which is bright yellow and very visible to scumbags.

A bit cumbersome to fit, however online reviews seem to indicate that they are a value for money item and there are lots of second hand ones on auction sites starting at £25, if you buy secondhand just make sure that you get the two keys and serial number tag from the seller.

·
Registered
986 Posts

This is what I use:

No need on the Mk3 since 2021, as they have keys that go to 'sleep'

·
Registered
515 Posts
My2021 model years have the sleep keys, but I was told earlier models don’t

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know they shut down but it’s after 40 seconds,
I do Home visits in some dodgy areas and don’t want anyone to try and relay it when I get back to work etc.
think I’ll get the stop lock as well just as a visual deterrent. Was thinking also a cheap wheel lock for another visual deterrent as can get them for about £20

·
The Detective.
2017 Titanium iAWD 2.0 Diesel
2,454 Posts
I use a old biscuit tin when at home ,,works for us.and yes I have tried the keys in the tin and out of the tin by each vehicle.

Also bought one of theses from Halfords years ago before I bought the kuga,,but in silver (on ebay,Amazon ) not my pic by the way👍
Vehicle Gear shift Speedometer Car Motor vehicle

·
Registered
103 Posts
The 'sleep' keys go to sleep in my pocket when I'm walking around so have to do a silly dance before using the hands free tailgate at the supermarket 🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
2017 kuga 1.5 ST line
284 Posts
Have a look into GHOST ALARMS ...... not cheap but they do the job and your car will be there when you get back to it unless they lift it.

Reactions: Ross J

·
Registered
Kuga 2021 stline X 1.5 petrol + tech pack
70 Posts
I turned my key free entry off on the vehicle menu so no need for a faraday pouch. Don’t miss the tailgate closing if you move your foot under the bumper when loading/unloading and locking/unlocking when washing the car. I have a disklok if parking in a high risk area but it does slightly mark the wheel.

·
Mr. Forgetful
ST-Line Edition 2019 AWD - Petrol - Auto
1,664 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Correct. MY20 cars (with the bigger keys) didn't have the feature. MY21 cars with the smaller fobs do, but the very latest cars come with the feature in the larger key fob format!
Are the latest with those awful looking big fobs like they are from the nineties? 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
515 Posts
Are the latest with those awful looking big fobs like they are from the nineties? 🤦‍♂️
Specially made for yanks with fat fingers. 😂

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Have a look into GHOST ALARMS ...... not cheap but they do the job and your car will be there when you get back to it unless they lift it.
I’ve read about those but I wasn’t sure where I would then stand with the warranty etc. I’m on a 0% finance deal with Ford would this not invalidate the warranty etc as tampered with the car?

·
The Detective.
2017 Titanium iAWD 2.0 Diesel
2,454 Posts
This guy had one fitted on his mustang still in warranty (U.K)

Reactions: Phil Doggo

·
Registered
515 Posts
Any changes or modifications to a vehicle original specification (as built) can affect warranty claims, however refusal must be objective based on verifiable facts that the modification has a negative effect on the component or systems.

Reactions: Gooding89

·
Super Moderator
5,890 Posts
Any changes or modifications to a vehicle original specification (as built) can affect warranty claims, however refusal must be objective based on verifiable facts that the modification has a negative effect on the component or systems.
Is that Latin you’ve just written?

I know I’m thick but blimey!

1 - 20 of 45 Posts