Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kuga ST-Line X Edition 2.0d Auto AWD, Solar Silver, Tech Pack, Driver Assistance Pack
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I took delivery of my new Kuga on March 1st, the best exact replacement of the one delivered on September 1st.

Car was re ordered due to a body repair that was poorly done from delivery.

St Line X First edition 190 Diesel AWD Auto.

The first edition had ended so I had to add the Driver Assistance Pack and Technology pack to the ST Line X edition.

I was aware if a couple of spec changes:
-Addition of heated steering wheel and heated rear seats.
-Front 12v Charging now 2 x USB sockets rather than 1 x USB and 1 x USB C
-Removal of 230v charging socket, replaced by USB and USB C

What i wasnt aware of:
-LED light on inside of tailgate is missing
-Front parking Camera washer jet is missing
Head up display button on sterting wheel is now located in centre console in-between driving mode and self park. (This was a 4 button panel but is now 5). The back button on the steering wheel is now twice the size.

- I've don't have the 12v power socket in the centre armrest compartment.

-I'm also missing the B&O emblems from the front door speakers.

-Key fobs are of the old tear drop design, first car had new design chunky ones. (⁰Ford have confirmed that these are the motion sensing ones)

Can anyone else with the revised spec cars confirm the LED light 12v socket and front washer jet?

I've made my enquires with Ford through my transport company, but they are so slow.

The car feels firmer and the engine sounds smoother, which is strange. Also, the start stop works as expected, in cold temperatures and with heated seats on.
The auto main beam works better in this car too, the previous one would often not illuminate the right hand side of the road when cars had passed.
I covered 4400 miles in the first one, so I got used to the new Mk3 and how it behaved. I have been very impressed with the deep snow and mud driving mode over the winter, although ground clearance is compromised with lowered ride height. For most this won't be an issue but I end up in some fairly remote rural areas for work.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have a Mark 3 ST line X first edition AWD 190 diesel auto registered in June 2020. Having checked the car i do have an LED light in the tailgate, B&O emblems on the front door speakers, 12 volt socket in the centre armrest,but no washer jet on the front parking camera.Plus the 3 pin 230 volt charging socket in the rear.
Really pleased with the car ! a big improvement on the Mark 2.

·
Registered
2021 Kuga ST-Line X Edition 2.0d Auto AWD, Solar Silver, Tech Pack, Driver Assistance Pack
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a Mark 3 ST line X first edition AWD 190 diesel auto registered in June 2020. Having checked the car i do have an LED light in the tailgate, B&O emblems on the front door speakers, 12 volt socket in the centre armrest,but no washer jet on the front parking camera.Plus the 3 pin 230 volt charging socket in the rear.
Really pleased with the car ! a big improvement on the Mark 2.
Thanks for comparing your own car, the strange thing there is, my first one was built in May (sat in Spain for a while, i could have had it in July but waited until September) that car had a washer jet on the front parking camera that worked the same way the rear one does.

Your car must have been built before my first one?

Anyway, the answers from Ford:

The answer form Ford:

Q: I am missing the B&O emblems on the door speakers – there is a place for them but they are not there, the centre speaker on top of the dashboard has one.
A: This is in line with changes across the rest of the model line up – just one B&O emblem on all cars

Q: I am also missing the washer jet on the front parking camera, there is a cut out in the grille for it below the camera, but the jet is not there.
A: Again, in line with changes we’ve made on large car too.

Q: Deletion of 12v power (cigarette) socket in centre console arm rest
A: in line with the rest of our line up – moving to USBs and removal of 12v sockets

Q: Deletion of extremely useful LED light on inside of Tailgate
A: deleted as part of the model year change.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sorry but i have made a bit of a pigs ear of my earlier response. I have checked again and i do have a front camera washer jet, it is so small under the camera lens that you can hardly see it. Had to put the windscreen washer wipe on to see screen fluid coming out of it. Also got the 3 pin socket in the rear. My car was ordered before the pandemic started and built after the first production lockdown ended in Valencia.

·
Registered
Mk3 ST Line X Edition with Tech Pack - Black - 2021.25 Spec
59 Posts
It would not suprise me if the wiring is still there for the tailgate light and armrest 12v if they are important to you.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It would not suprise me if the wiring is still there for the tailgate light and armrest 12v if they are important to you.
Thats my next investigation, the tailgate light was excellent but I will find something even better.

The 12v socket was ideal for roof mounted LED Strobe/beacon.

I may even investigate retrofit options of the front washer jet as it was unbelievably useful

·
Registered
2.0 EcoBlue 190 ST-Line X Edition Auto AWD, Solar Silver, 20” alloy wheels, retractable tow bar
60 Posts
Probably the least important thing on your list, but I noticed the B&O badges weren’t on the doors either. Cheap move! It annoyed me so I found/ordered an aftermarket pair from a print company doing gel badges specifically for Ford’s. Not the same as the central badge, but decent and better than blank circles!

Reactions: Alister2747 and buz

·
Registered
4 Posts
Probably the least important thing on your list, but I noticed the B&O badges weren’t on the doors either. Cheap move! It annoyed me so I found/ordered an aftermarket pair from a print company doing gel badges specifically for Ford’s. Not the same as the central badge, but decent and better than blank circles!
View attachment 6219
Just picked up new Ford Kuga ST Line X Edition, 190 AWD very disappointed to find not only both B&O badges missing from the two front door speakers but also the scuff plates are missing from the front door sills. Considering the RRP of this car is nearly £38.000 I'm angry that Ford have seen fit to save themselves a few quid by deleting pieces of trim. I'm going to take it up with my dealer and try and get something sorted. Also missing is the 4x4 traction info from the instrument cluster, something else I'm not happy with!!!
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Trunk Tire Vehicle door
Automotive tire Grey Personal luxury car Automotive design Rim

·
Registered
25 Posts
Seems like they ran out of parts for your car. I have the same car and was built in Jan and delivered on 1st March and it was all the part above included

·
Registered
Mk3 ST Line X Edition with Tech Pack - Black - 2021.25 Spec
59 Posts
. Also missing is the 4x4 traction info from the instrument cluster, something else I'm not happy with!!!
That is missing on all of the Mk3 AWD models. I've tried to look in forscan but no joy so far.

Mine was built in Jan I think (2021.25 model) and have the sill plates but not the b&0 stickers.... Not so bothered about the latter but I'd be annoyed by lack of kick plates.... Or should I say, not so much the lack of them, but the fact that where they are supposed to be is just like a holding area, they've not even redesigned the moulding to remove where the plate should go.

They have made a decent job of quality in the Kuga overall but that does cheapen it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Been Lurking a while, I picked mine up end of March. Scuff plates, B & O badges, led light in rear hatch, heated steering wheel, heated rear seats. Seems to be so much disparity going on here, less rattling than the MK4 focus it replaces though.

·
Registered
4 Posts
That is missing on all of the Mk3 AWD models. I've tried to look in forscan but no joy so far.

Mine was built in Jan I think (2021.25 model) and have the sill plates but not the b&0 stickers.... Not so bothered about the latter but I'd be annoyed by lack of kick plates.... Or should I say, not so much the lack of them, but the fact that where they are supposed to be is just like a holding area, they've not even redesigned the moulding to remove where the plate should go.

They have made a decent job of quality in the Kuga overall but that does cheapen it.
Yeah, it's the first thing that you notice when you open the car door, I'm not sure whether it's a deleted part or that they just ran out of the correct part when it was being built. With it being such a new model, I can't find any replacement scuff plates for sale on the Internet, not that I should have to buy the bits that are missing myself, it really does cheapen the appearance of what should be a great car.
I've managed to find the speaker badges online from B&o Speaker Gel Badge Set (set of 3) 15mm
If you're interested in some for yours.

·
Registered
Ford Kuga PHEV, april 2021, ST Line X, Winter pack, technology pack, retractable towbar
16 Posts
I just picked up my Kuga PHEV ST Line X last week. I am also missing the B&O logo stickers on the doors, the scuff plates on the sills. I am not sure about the led light in the rear hatch, as I do not know to what you are referring to. As the price of the car is above 40K Euros, I think Ford has done an awful job trying to rip us off for some pennies... I will complain to my dealer, but I see nothing coming out of it. Ford is not doing its job properly.
BTW, I order the car last June. it took almost one year to get it delivered by Ford. First the problem with the battery on the PHEV so the car that was built cannot be delivered. Then, Ford said the car that was built for me in November (as I had a VIN from the very beginning of the order and could trace it on etis) had an in-house accident in the plant in Valencia (total damage) and so they had to build anoher one. Silly stories... :) And after all that, they only offered me a EVIBox charger for free...

·
Registered
2021 S/Silver Vignale 225 FWD PHEV
194 Posts
I just picked up my Kuga PHEV ST Line X last week. I am also missing the B&O logo stickers on the doors, the scuff plates on the sills. I am not sure about the led light in the rear hatch, as I do not know to what you are referring to. As the price of the car is above 40K Euros, I think Ford has done an awful job trying to rip us off for some pennies... I will complain to my dealer, but I see nothing coming out of it. Ford is not doing its job properly.
BTW, I order the car last June. it took almost one year to get it delivered by Ford. First the problem with the battery on the PHEV so the car that was built cannot be delivered. Then, Ford said the car that was built for me in November (as I had a VIN from the very beginning of the order and could trace it on etis) had an in-house accident in the plant in Valencia (total damage) and so they had to build anoher one. Silly stories... :) And after all that, they only offered me a EVIBox charger for free...
That's quite a wait. I only ordered a week ago.

·
Registered
571 Posts
That may have been flood damage as the plant was flooded in November during a huge storm. No PHEV cars were built between mid September and mid December.

·
Registered
Ford Kuga PHEV, april 2021, ST Line X, Winter pack, technology pack, retractable towbar
16 Posts
That may have been flood damage as the plant was flooded in November during a huge storm. No PHEV cars were built between mid September and mid December.
VIN is this WF0FXXWPMHLL45616 . It still shows on etis. They claimed it was because of the flood. I think it was built in September last year, but cannot remember exactly. I know the care had an ETA 8th of October 2020 (delivery at the dealer), but at some point the ETA disappeared due to the PHEV recalls. After that, I was told that the car is considered total damaged and another one has to be ordered if I want. So that is the story. What I do not understand is why the VIN still displays information on the car, since a car with total damage is normally taken out of the system and that VIN will never be used again.

·
Registered
16 Posts
BTW, has anyone found a source for the door scuff plates? It looks terrible with that empty space....

·
Registered
2021 Black ST-Line FHEV (70 plate) SYNC 3.4
62 Posts
Got mine in Feb this year. Have a cuff plates, 2 lights in the boot (one on the tailgate), 12v + 2 USB A up front and 1 in the back with 1 USB C. No B&O badges on the doors.

·
Registered
4 Posts
BTW, has anyone found a source for the door scuff plates? It looks terrible with that empty space....
Haven't found any source for scuff plates, I think because as they've been standard on all models up to now no outside manufacturers have seen a market for them. Now Ford have decided to delete them then maybe there will be in the coming months.

·
Registered
571 Posts
VIN is this WF0FXXWPMHLL45616 . It still shows on etis. They claimed it was because of the flood. I think it was built in September last year, but cannot remember exactly. I know the care had an ETA 8th of October 2020 (delivery at the dealer), but at some point the ETA disappeared due to the PHEV recalls. After that, I was told that the car is considered total damaged and another one has to be ordered if I want. So that is the story. What I do not understand is why the VIN still displays information on the car, since a car with total damage is normally taken out of the system and that VIN will never be used again.
Car was built on 4th September 2020

The VIN would not have been re-issued and as I said no PHEV cars were built between mid September and mid December. It is also not possible to backdate onboard software, so it is the original car you ordered.

It has an outstanding service action on it (unless it has been very done recently)

1 - 20 of 57 Posts