Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got asked if our kuga was the Titanium X Sport today...
I asked why and they said if wanted to ask as there is one for sale at a car sales company..

Nope just a MK2 Titanium..

So what are the Titanium X Sports like!
Are they any good in comparrison to our Titanium....

·
Registered
20 Posts
They have 19 inch wheels full body kit large rear spoiler and all the toys sunroof all leather sat nav power tailgate act looks really smart

·
Registered
327 Posts
My Tit X has all the extras to make it the same as the Sport, it just doesn't have the body kit. So think of it as a sporty looking fully loaded Tit X.

Bob

·
Registered
32 Posts
Got asked if our kuga was the Titanium X Sport today...
I asked why and they said if wanted to ask as there is one for sale at a car sales company..

Nope just a MK2 Titanium..

So what are the Titanium X Sports like!
Are they any good in comparrison to our Titanium....
They are more expensive, but not necessarily better.

For example you get full leather seats instead of half-leather trim. I didn't want full leather on mine, as it only comes in black and there is no seat AC (only heating), so that's smth. that put me off, as in summer we get 40C+ over here. AFAIK, Tit X Sport also comes with 19 wheels, another thing I din't want, as that makes for a rather uncomfortable ride on anything but perfect roads. I guess each to his own...

·
Registered
882 Posts
They are more expensive, but not necessarily better.

For example you get full leather seats instead of half-leather trim. I didn't want full leather on mine, as it only comes in black and there is no seat AC (only heating), so that's smth. that put me off, as in summer we get 40C+ over here. AFAIK, Tit X Sport also comes with 19 wheels, another thing I din't want, as that makes for a rather uncomfortable ride on anything but perfect roads. I guess each to his own...
This is the thing with Ford packages, they lump together things you wouldn't necessarily choose off a 'menu'. I didn't want 19s, mostly because of ride and the cost of the things (and also, the one I test drove rolled significantly more than any other I'd driven, though that may have been something peculiar to that car). Happy enough with the full leather (in the UK it's copable with, even wearing shorts there's only a moment of flinching). I went for the Tit X for the heated seats and the pan roof, didn't want the seat back trays as whilst they're no doubt useful with kids, I find them kinda tacky; but in practice I barely notice they're there

·
Registered
586 Posts
I actually didn't want 18" wheels due to cost and twice now I have put larger wheels on cars and found the body roll slightly worse. I remember having a set of brand new Mazda wheels in my garage that didn't go on the car due to the cost of the tyres. I only like to put decent brands on and a £400 outlay never comes at good time. You would think the bigger diameter tyres would cost less as there is less rubber in them. No doubt something else we get ripped off with as manufacturers know they tend to go on newer and more expensive cars. When 19" becomes the norm then 18" tyre prices will go down. I saw a set of 4 tyres to suit the Mazda's original size at £122 this week. Tyres were Toyo Proxes which are not a bad tyre. Would just get a little over one tyre for my Kuga at that sort of money.

·
Registered
5 Posts
A couple of pictures of mine old fully loaded Tit X Sport in Frozen White.
I've never seen Titanium X Sport that isn't white. Ford most have got an offer on the paint that day.
Apart from the roof currently leaking (not good in heavy rain), I love mine.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've never seen Titanium X Sport that isn't white. Ford most have got an offer on the paint that day.
Apart from the roof currently leaking (not good in heavy rain), I love mine.
I have a silver tit x sport, must admit i looked very hard for it as most were white

·
Registered
32 Posts
This is the thing with Ford packages, they lump together things you wouldn't necessarily choose off a 'menu'. I didn't want 19s, mostly because of ride and the cost of the things (and also, the one I test drove rolled significantly more than any other I'd driven, though that may have been something peculiar to that car). Happy enough with the full leather (in the UK it's copable with, even wearing shorts there's only a moment of flinching). I went for the Tit X for the heated seats and the pan roof, didn't want the seat back trays as whilst they're no doubt useful with kids, I find them kinda tacky; but in practice I barely notice they're there
Yeah... and UK models naming is somewhat different to the rest of Europe, as well.

In most of the Central Europe, the model range is "Business" for entry-level, which is better equipped than barebone Z-tec. Titanium is marked as "luxury model" and ST-line as "sports", with Vignale being in its own league (no one buys it).

The ST-line model will have standard 18' alloy wheel and lowered suspension by 1cm for "sportier driving experience", which is b/s in IMHO.

The Titanium will have 17' alloy wheels and the Business will have 17' steel wheels, as standard.

The Vignale will also have 18' wheels as standards, but not lowered suspension.

None of the models (expect Vignale) will have HID Xenons as standard, nor any of the dedicated packs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It doesn't help with the extra packs.
When I bought mine, I was told it has 2 packs. I have no idea whats part of the trim level and whats part of the packs as you can get the trim with extra without packs.

There's a few toys\features it doesn't have which would be nice like auto-close windows and sunroof when double locking (I thought would be standard).

·
Registered
32 Posts
It doesn't help with the extra packs.
When I bought mine, I was told it has 2 packs. I have no idea whats part of the trim level and whats part of the packs as you can get the trim with extra without packs.

There's a few toys\features it doesn't have which would be nice like auto-close windows and sunroof when double locking (I thought would be standard).
That's why I ordered mine and waited 5 months to get it, but it was worth it. It was a good deal, as I've got aprox. €5,000 discount. The wait was a long one, but I've got the car exactly as I wanted it :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
That's why I ordered mine and waited 5 months to get it, but it was worth it. It was a good deal, as I've got aprox. €5,000 discount. The wait was a long one, but I've got the car exactly as I wanted it :)
I can't afford new.
Got my 2016 plate in Feb this year with 16k on the clock in perfect condition for a good price. Value hasn't dropped apart from having an additional owner. Looking on AutoTrader I could probably sell it for the more as lower level trims are selling for more than I paid.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts