Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

3581 - 3599 of 3599 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks! That’s slightly disappointing to hear. 4 weeks today since I ordered and I’ve yet to hear any word from the dealer about progress. 😞

How’s the car?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
I ordered my first Kuga (1.5 ecoboost St Line X petrol) 3 and a half weeks ago from local ford dealership, was told 12 week lead time.... ever hoping it’s much less that than in reality.

Doubt it will be much quicker.

The Valencia factory does not restart up again until, IIRC, next Monday as it shuts every year for three weeks for holidays/maintenance/etc.

Mine was ordered on 10 April and was ready to pick up on 11 July.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks! That’s slightly disappointing to hear. 4 weeks today since I ordered and I’ve yet to hear any word from the dealer about progress. 😞

How’s the car?
No problems so far.
Power is down after a 2.0 diesel but extremely quiet and 37.3mpg so far.
You won’t be disappointed.

·
Registered
11 Posts

How’s the car?
No problems so far.
Power is down after a 2.0 diesel but extremely quiet and 37.3mpg so far.
You won’t be disappointed.
Fantastic to hear, out of interest what colour did u go for?

I opted for frozen white and rear tints as an extra.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Fantastic to hear, out of interest what colour did u go for?

I opted for frozen white and rear tints as an extra.
Magnetic.
Had 3 white cars in a row,so it was time for a change.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dealer has provided me with a partial VIN number, can anyone advise me what is missing from it.

Dealer claims they don’t get a full 17 digit VIN until the car reaches the branch?

I have been provided with:
WPMAJB53123

·
Registered
732 Posts
Dealer has provided me with a partial VIN number, can anyone advise me what is missing from it.

Dealer claims they don’t get a full 17 digit VIN until the car reaches the branch?

WPMAJB53123
Take a look at this

How to Read a VIN (Vehicle Identification Number)

and especially this

Last 6 digits is the serial, which only becomes available when car is at the end of the assembly line, so it's only logical that they don't have the full VIN yet.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Except that my car does not conform to that nomenclature

It is: (I have replaced the FIVE digit serial number) WF0AXXWPMAJU99999

No lead digit and a five digit serial number.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Well, my Fords have the same format, I wanted to illustrate that the last 6 digits (serial number) are created/become available later on ;)

You can use any VIN decoder to check what each portion of the VIN means...

·
Registered
732 Posts
Hmmm in that case can an admin delete my post as I appear to have given away my serial number :s
Can’t find the way to do it on my control panel
...and I just realised that you actually posted the serial and not the first part of the VIN (maker, model, factory etc), which is the opposite of what I was saying surprise:

Well, we all make mistakes smile_big:

·
Registered
1,062 Posts

WPMAJB53123
You need to add WF0AXX to the beginning of the 11 digits you've got. Dealers often 'forget' about those first 6 digits.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone, after a 7 month ordeal with Seat after ordering an Ateca that never got built I cancelled my order and went for a Kuga.
I chose one in stock for speediness and was given a 2-3 week estimate, delivery to dealership on the 20th Oct, this date came and went with no word from them. I chased dealership every day last week being fobbed off with the person i needed wasnt in/ was with a customer and finally they admitted on the Thurs that the car wasn't yet in the country and to expect another 2-3 week wait. I've managed to squeeze them into paying for a hire car because their communication and service around delay was so poor so that's something but how long do we think it will really be? No set date worries me and I'm scared to drive the hire car as the damage excess is £1000 and no pets allowed (I have a dog)!! I just want my car!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Well my new Vignale was finished 12/11 - does anyone have a rough estimate how long it takes to move from Valencia to the UK?

I know how the system works ie car goes to Flushing and then Dagenham and then Halewood (as I'm in the north west). I've only ever ordered one previous car but that was for March registration and I'm told movement times can be longer this time of year ?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Well my new Vignale was finished 12/11 - does anyone have a rough estimate how long it takes to move from Valencia to the UK?

I know how the system works ie car goes to Flushing and then Dagenham and then Halewood (as I'm in the north west). I've only ever ordered one previous car but that was for March registration and I'm told movement times can be longer this time of year ?

If it helps you, my Titanium X was built on 17th June 2018 and was at the dealer PDI'd and ready for collection on 7th July.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone, after a 7 month ordeal with Seat after ordering an Ateca that never got built I cancelled my order and went for a Kuga.
I chose one in stock for speediness and was given a 2-3 week estimate, delivery to dealership on the 20th Oct, this date came and went with no word from them. I chased dealership every day last week being fobbed off with the person i needed wasnt in/ was with a customer and finally they admitted on the Thurs that the car wasn't yet in the country and to expect another 2-3 week wait. I've managed to squeeze them into paying for a hire car because their communication and service around delay was so poor so that's something but how long do we think it will really be? No set date worries me and I'm scared to drive the hire car as the damage excess is £1000 and no pets allowed (I have a dog)!! I just want my car!
well it just arrived today after a 9 week wait after many very angry phone calls. Thank God that's over!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Just been enquiring about my delivery date (car ordered mid feb)

They have told me there is a delay with leather seats and expected dealer delivery date is mid June?

Anyone else having this problem?

Car ordered is a titanium x 163 awd with sat nav and towbar

Cheers
If it's of any comfort, I've ordered mine in late February 2019 and was supposed to get it in mid-May... I've picked it up the first week of August...

3581 - 3599 of 3599 Posts