Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 3598 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been enquiring about my delivery date (car ordered mid feb)

They have told me there is a delay with leather seats and expected dealer delivery date is mid June?

Anyone else having this problem?

Car ordered is a titanium x 163 awd with sat nav and towbar

Cheers

·
Registered
838 Posts
I have ordered the same as you a couple of weeks ago and was told i will be able to collect early june I would of thought yours should of been a bit before my date

·
Registered
145 Posts
Mine was ordered late Jan and I am collecting tonight, they have been extremely popular and they have had issues with getting the leather!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Ordered March 3rd and confirmed colour and wheels on the 6ththey said there was a delay due to leather problems but should be early June.. :) counting down the days !!!

·
Registered
825 Posts
lol no worries it'll just mean we get a "63" plate instead of a "13"although I must admit I'd rather have it earlier especially as I'll probably put a personal reg number on it and Good things are always worth waiting for (am I convincing you ? :) lol )

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hi All,

I got mine last night, have to agree, it is worth the wait!! It is fantastic to drive! I will add some pics later today.

Cheers

Tim

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ordered my new Kuga from my local Ford garage on the 3rd of February with a delivery date of end of March. I have just called the garage for an update and I have been told the delivery is now sometime in MAY. I can't believe it takes approx 16 weeks to build / deliver a car. The reason given was there is a shortage of parts for new builds. Is anyone else on the forum having the same issue.

·
Registered
825 Posts
we ordered ours in early march a titanium X and dealer told us when we ordered there was a delay on the "x" models due to the amount of orders and a shortage of leather, it was disappointing as they said it might be mid to late may to start with, but upon reflection I'd rather wait and get the spec i want than to go for a regular Titanium or Zetec and not get that car i want ;)

·
Registered
245 Posts
BlueMoon said:
I ordered my new Kuga from my local Ford garage on the 3rd of February with a delivery date of end of March. I have just called the garage for an update and I have been told the delivery is now sometime in MAY. I can't believe it takes approx 16 weeks to build / deliver a car. The reason given was there is a shortage of parts for new builds. Is anyone else on the forum having the same issue.
Always has it been thus and even Mark Overton CEO Ford doesn't know where they are when he tracks them through his massive staff. Never believe a delivery date...it's not your dealers fault....it's FORD.....mine was delayed and no one knew where it was !

·
Registered
825 Posts
i think the biggest problem is Ford under estimated the demand, and the Price difference between the Titanium and the Titanium X is too small for the level of trim :) i'm not complaining Great car good price and maybe it's my age and the fact that its only my second ever new car and to get what i want it's worth the wait.. I've taken about 8 months looking for the right car whats a few more weeks waiting for delivery eh ? lol

·
Registered
111 Posts
i ordered 2 weeks ago and I have not been told a firm delivery date, only that it might be the end of May. Seems like I have no chance of that but the only saving grace is that they said that I will be able to keep my Kuga even though the option agreements last payment date is in the middle of May. I could be quids in on this as I will be using the car after that date without having to pay anything until the new car arrives!

·
Registered
755 Posts
kenny r said:
i ordered 2 weeks ago and I have not been told a firm delivery date, only that it might be the end of May. Seems like I have no chance of that but the only saving grace is that they said that I will be able to keep my Kuga even though the option agreements last payment date is in the middle of May. I could be quids in on this as I will be using the car after that date without having to pay anything until the new car arrives!
Not if you have a final options to buy, unless the garage is going to pay the final sum, that's if you have this option plan

·
Registered
128 Posts
This is exactly why i always buy a stock car and not order from the factory!

I get it wthin 7 days! (priority employee benefits!)

·
Registered
755 Posts
Griff said:
I have just been told a delay of another 10 days............... :( Any later then I will tell them to poke it
Hold out Griff, I think you'll find the waits worth it

1 - 20 of 3598 Posts