Ford Kuga Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 63 plate Kuga, runs like a dream,112,000 miles, new belts which I have in the past few months cleared the finance on it.

I use it for my job travelling around Scotland (when we can !!!) and now at last I have £ spare due to having no loan.

Glasgow, Edinburgh, Dundee and Aberdeen are all forecast for Feb - May 2022 to become low emission zones meaning I can't drive into it (which really messes up how I do my job visiting multiple offices where a train isn't really the option due to having multiple locations and distances between each appointment).

I dont know what to do really - Do I just sell my kuga and just use the money I was going to save towards a new car, if so do I do it now if the price plummet when euro6 zones go fully live for me in a year or will the price just fall as normal.

I wish there was a way to upgrade from euro5 to euro6 without having to ditch my car :-(

My employer has company cars but 1/ it will stuff me on tax and 2/ nothing big like my kuga for when I go to centre Parcs with family etc.

Just wondered if you were me what would you do...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There will be some PHEV options in there
I will check, do you recommend selling now or pocket the money every month right now for a year then sell (will the a*** fall out the price when euro6 comes in).
I would kick myself if it got delayed again LOL

·
Registered
345 Posts
Exactly what I did, got rid of my 2.2 diesel LR as it was Euro 5 and I live quite close to the edge of the London zone, but probably jumped too early. Got the petrol Kuga, but since I’ve had it not been anywhere near the zone. I feel that more towns and cities will introduce low zones and massive extra charges but don’t think the diesel prices will plummet as there will still be a big market for folks who drive high mileage away from towns and cities.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts